Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Wimbledon Loser's Lounge

Pablo Carreno busta. You are way too good to lose to that guy. Dont come around Boston any time soon, jerk

Just saw that Kanepi lost too. Not a particularly strong performance by me this time around. I will have 8 carlsbergs and go watch the world cup.

argh, totally stressful day yesterday and I forgot to make a pick in the men's pool. First time I've ever forgotten.

Lucas, Lucas, Lucas: what a tease you were only to throw it away in the fifth.

I didn't survive week 1 in either competition. Merci & thank you Pouille et Madison. A shot of JD and 2 bottles of Heineken for me please. I too will be watching WC.

C'MON ENGLAND!
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

How on Earth did Madison Keys lose to RODINA of all people?! sheesh, is there nothing secure anymore?
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    How on Earth did Madison Keys lose to RODINA of all people?! sheesh, is there nothing secure anymore?
    nope.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

I know... This is a messed up bracket. Hope nobody picked Pliskova because it looks like she is going down.

I don't know how Venus lost that final set. Bertens looked bad at the end but Venus made so many errors at the net. Not characteristic of her. 26/44 at the net is not good on grass.

Oh, Madison, where did you go?

Why is it feeling like the women just want to hand the trophy to Serena? I mean, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Muguruza, Keys, looking like Pliskova, all out. Venus out but at least she fought for it. The bottom half is nuts!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I am so glad to be out of the women's pool. I just looked at the choices for Day 6 and want absolutely nothing to do with that red hot mess. Good riddance!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

With the exception of the matches in which Serena is involved, every match in the WTA is 50%.
    And before I get shredded. It is not that the level is bad. The contrary: the level in the WTA is as high as ever. Just that every player is at the same height. It will be a decade of players winning, at most, three slams in their careers.
    Except, of course, Serena. 24, here it comes.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Halep will win 4 RG titles
    Roger forever

Weekend Warrior

Yep, the ladies do like to make this interesting for us. But I should have realized I was about to exit as my worry was not that Keys might lose but that she might win the whole tournament and I was picking her too soon. Oh well, its Friday and I am sure it's five o'clock somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast