Agree Agree:  14
Likes Likes:  21
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: '18 RG Day 7 OoP & Discussion

The superimposed ads on court in between points like Michelin and Amex are really odd. I'd prefer the MLB approach and change a prominent ad against the side instead, leave the actual playing area alone.

I don't hate it. It's just going to take me a minute to get used to it. It's better than interrupting live play I think.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I don't hate it. It's just going to take me a minute to get used to it. It's better than interrupting live play I think.
    Well I agree with that, hadn't thought of that as the alternative. I do appreciate that it's in between points and not during. But it will definitely take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I think it was a year ago that one of our esteemed members said something about eating her hat if some results of a match would not go the way she predicted.
    Her hat met a sad demise indeed.
    I will go further: I will eat my underwear ... no, I will eat Maria's underwear if... she won't let me, ok, I will eat MY DOG´s underwear (you get the point) if Maria beats Serena.
    And I know it is mental but it is the other way around: Serena can't contemplate losing to Maria. She could be 0-6, 0-5, 0-40 on her serve and she would be like "Ok, third set coming up".
    Not that I disagree, but if you're wrong, I demand video of said eating of your dog's underwear.

I think it was a year ago that one of our esteemed members said something about eating her hat if some results of a match would not go the way she predicted.
    Her hat met a sad demise indeed.
    omg. It was the 5th set of Nadal-Muller going 13-15 that did me in. One more game from Rafa and my hat would have been safe. So I wasn't that far off. (In fact, the hat is safely in my closet right now and I'm not lending it to you ponchi.)

Shocking the heck out of me, Kerber played a great 2nd set tiebreak to win the match against an in-form Bertens and she's into the 4th. Didn't see her getting into the second week at all.

Ok. How many Lira or rupees or bat guano bags would you be willing to bet on Maria winning? I would not put 100 Venezuelan Bolivares on her.
    Oh, I wouldn't BET on it (since I hate betting and only do so on "sure" things), but I do think that she should beat Serena given the alignment of planets.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

'18 RG Day 7 OoP & Discussion

What day will be the Serena/Maria blood bath take place?

I think Serena wins in 3 doing a fair impression of the volcano in Hawaii, and the awakening carries her to the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    How many times do we have to see it. Madrid is not a predictor for RG.
    I listened to the podcast with Wertheim and Davenport that they did before the draws came out. Wertheim was asking about Kvitova's chances and pointing out that she won Madrid. Davenport said "Yeah, but that's actually a better sign for Wimbledon."

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    What day will be the Serena/Maria blood bath take place?

I think Serena wins in 3 doing a fair impression of the volcano in Hawaii, and the awakening carries her to the title.
    It'll be on Monday. Chatrier, for sure. I'm guessing they won't schedule it for first (bad crowds) or last (danger of not finishing), so 2nd or 3rd.

I'm not sure what will happen with Serena/Sharapova, but I don't think either gets past Muguruza. Serena will be a huge threat at Wimbledon.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

RESULTS
    Women's Singles - Third Round
    [1] S. Halep (ROU) d A. Petkovic (GER) 75 60
    [3] G. Mugur uza (ESP) d S. Stosur (AUS) 60 62
    [28] M. Sharapova (RUS) d [6] Ka. Pliskova (CZE) 62 61
    [7] C. Garcia (FRA) d I. Begu (ROU) 61 63
    [25] A. Kontaveit (EST) d [8] P. Kvitova (CZE) 76(6) 76(4)
    [10] S. STephens (USA) d C Giorgi (ITA) 46 61 86
    S. Williams (USA) [11] J. Goerges (GER) 63 64
    [12] A. Kerber (GER) [18] K. Bertens (NED) 76(4) 76(4)
    [16] E. Mertens (BEL) [24] D. Gavrilova (AUS) 63 61
    L. Tsurenko (UKR) d [19] M. Rybarikova (SVK) 62 64

Women's Doubles - Second Round
    [1] Babos/Mladenovic (HUN/FRA) d Hibino/Kalashnikova (JPN/GEO) 61 63
    [2] Sestini Hlavackova/Strycova (CZE/CZE) d Pavlyuchenkova/Stosur (RUS/AUS) 36 63 64
    [3] Klepac/Martínez Sánchez (SLO/ESP) d Begu/Q.Wang (ROU/CHN) 63 75
    Bara/Buzarnescu (ROU/ROU) d [4] L. Chan/Mattek-Sands (TPE/USA) 26 63 63
    [5] Dabrowski/Xu (CAN/CHN) d Christian/Witthoeft (USA/GER) 62 62
    [6] Krejcikova/Siniakova (CZE/CZE) d Maria/Watson (GER/GBR) 61 26 75
    Hozumi/Ninomiya (JPN/JPN) d [11] Atawo/Groenefeld (USA/GER) 26 62 60
    Brady/King (USA/USA) d Bondarenko/Krunic (UKR/SRB) 57 63 63

Men's Singles - Third Round
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/score...hdate=6/2/2018

Men's Doubles - Second Round
    Maximo Gonzalez/Nicolas Jarry d (4) Jamie Murray/Bruno Soares 64 57 64

Men's Doubles - Third Round
    (13) Rohan Bopanna/Edouard Roger-Vasselin d (1) Lukasz Kubot/Marcelo Melo 64 76(1)
    (3) Henri Kontinen/John Peers d (PR) Daniele Bracciali/Andreas Seppi 76(2) 64
    (8) Nikola Mektic/Alexander Peya d (10) Raven Klaasen/Michael Venus 76(2) 76(4)
    (12) Feliciano Lopez/Marc Lopez d Leonardo Mayer/Joao Sousa 63 63

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345