Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2018 FOSP Losers' Lounge

And there I go with Rybarikova. I had Tsurenko in my TSIP team, got me almost nothing. And now she kicks me out of the SP.
    But better than at the Aussie.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Well, I made it to day 6 on the men and day 7 on the women. that is pretty good for me. Still, Rybarikova goes on my personal "do not pick" list.

Rybarikova sent me here, too...

Oh, well...that was quick, was cruising along here.... then disaster struck first Carreno Busta yesterday and now Rybarikova today. Now I can add two more folks to the "do not pick" list....

Next stop....Wimbledon

I was initially going to take Garcia. But, in my NYC-vacation-addled brain last night, I saw others picking Rybarikova, and I thought to myself, HEY there, nelslus*, Rybarikova looks like a mighty fine option, especially as Begu at any point can play tough (ha), even though so can Tsurenko (ha, ha.)

AND I know that most say to go with your first choice. Except there have been times when I've not used my first choice, and I got through. Then there are other times when it has not worked out.

BTW, this is all very simple. Eventually, every player will be on your DNP list.

(*Of COURSE I always call myself nelslus. Wouldn't you? )
    Last edited by nelslus; 06-02-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

And the very bad awful horrible day finally got here.
    Txs Strycova!!!

Well poop. And well done Sloane pickers. I thought I did well to avoid Strycova today...
    Coach Marion, at your service!

As right as I was with the "don't touch Sock" prediction, my don't pick Sloane prediction is looking pretty foolish now.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Pretty sure it is the first time I made both updated threads and then double KOed immediately...
    Thanks Goffin, and Strycova..

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm not sure which is worse... Getting bounced out of both pools after getting about half way there in both or confronting the reality that you did what you did based on or what you thought was going to happen in future rounds, but none of that actually transpires. And you feel dumber than a bag of rocks.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Worst for me is ignoring that nagging feeling that your pick is 50-50 (Rybarikova) but you pick them anyway because you don't want to be boxed out in a different part of the draw in a future round, and everything that you thought was going to happen in that different part of the draw actually does play out the way you think it will, so you just get more ticked off at your player for preventing you from completing your plan. Cheers to all the Rybarikova pickers.
    BratislavaBeer.png

Well....I am just about out of picks. All my picks were seeds and now...I have to go with unseeded
    PUTINTSEVA Yulia KAZ

Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 06-04-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irena2 View Post
    Worst for me is ignoring that nagging feeling that your pick is 50-50 (Rybarikova) but you pick them anyway because you don't want to be boxed out in a different part of the draw in a future round, and everything that you thought was going to happen in that different part of the draw actually does play out the way you think it will, so you just get more ticked off at your player for preventing you from completing your plan. Cheers to all the Rybarikova pickers.
    BratislavaBeer.png
    Nailed my exact thoughts. I took Serena a round earlier and got that out of the way, since I was guessing she wasn’t going to survive 2 more rounds. Only to take Strycova vs a player I really like. Would’ve taken Keys but wanted to save her..guess I’m saving Keys for Wimbledon.still kicking myself.

BTW:
    We have to remember this SP for one reason: the legend of Marco Cecchinato. This man single handedly took out the Carreo Bustas, the Goffins and now the Novaks.
    How shall we call him? Cecchinato il Destructore does not quite make it.

Ugh, sooooo very close. I had to pick Kerber if I wanted a chance to make it one more day and tie for the win. I had already taken Halep and I think Muguruza is going to win the whole thing so planned on picking her (or Maria) for semis.

Was fun while it lasted,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast