Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: 2018 World Cup 6/14 - 7/15

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    ENGLAND!!
    PANAMA!!

Oops, that's just the match I'm going to in the World Cup!

Three Lions always
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

True story.
    Ages ago I was dating this girl whose parent were from Spain. You know the Spanish National Team is called (by Spaniards) "La Furia Española" (the Spanish Fury). Prior to one world cup, I stated, at her house, that when I comes to World Cups, The Spanish Fury becomes nothing more than a baby's colic.
    I was so kicked out of that house that day. Banned until the Cup was over (and Spain did fail to qualify for the knock out stages, which, of course, was my fault).
    Starry starry night

It was always matter of factly stated in my house that Spain "never makes it past the Quarterfinals". So you would be not wrong until 2010.
    Last edited by MJ2004; 05-15-2018 at 04:53 AM.

It seems like to me that there has not yet been any consensus on which group is the "group of death," or even if there is one. Any thoughts from you folks?

I'm voting for Group F......Germany, Mexico, Sweden, and Korea. I'm basing that on my perception of the relative strength of the 3rd best team (whether that is Mexico or Sweden). I do however think group B (Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran) and group E (Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, and Serbia) are somewhat worthy of that title, again thinking about the strength of the 3rd and/or 4th best of each group).

GH

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I don't think there really is a Group of Death myself. There are a couple groups with three at least pretty good teams, but I don't see any group with three strong contenders. If I had to pick one, I'd probably vote for Group E myself, I can see any of those teams advancing...but I don't think it's strong enough that Brazil won't make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    It seems like to me that there has not yet been any consensus on which group is the "group of death," or even if there is one. Any thoughts from you folks?

I'm voting for Group F......Germany, Mexico, Sweden, and Korea. I'm basing that on my perception of the relative strength of the 3rd best team (whether that is Mexico or Sweden). I do however think group B (Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran) and group E (Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, and Serbia) are somewhat worthy of that title, again thinking about the strength of the 3rd and/or 4th best of each group).

GH
    Group F is ostensibly the toughest group.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I'm dreading FOX's coverage. With them (I think) only using Fox and Fox Sports 1, I fear we aren't getting live matches throughout.

Thankfully Canadian broadcasters go with English ones. The commentary is much more entertaining and over the top. Still on point, but entertaining and over the top
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Ugh! I wasn't even thinking about the announcers, commentators and whoever they have in studio. No idea who FOX has on their team. Hopefully it's better than what I'm imagining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12