Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: 2018 TSIP: The Dirty Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Of course the week I get two finalists, the next tournament starts Saturday. I'll be very surprised if one or both of Kivtova-Buzarnescu doesn't withdraw from Madrid (both scheduled to play tomorrow.)
    It's a Premier Mandatory Tournament. And for whatever reason I'm not very familiar with Buzarnescu so I don't know if she needs it, but she's likely to make almost as much in a first round loss, as she will for having reached last week's final. Not to mention I think skipping means a fine. Most likely better off playing the first round tired. It would certainly be a big hassle for Kvitova if she skipped, there's bigger penalties for top 10 skipping a Premier Mandatory.

Good point, I was assuming contest bad luck would override it

So, unofficially, I am fairly certain ptmcmahon has passed me for 3rd for sure...due to his inclusion of Larsson. ouch.

Looks like it, but according to my unofficial spreadsheet, he will come up just short of passing patrick for second place.

Lots of people had Larsson as one of their D players. She has been pretty much useless up until this week though.

What? Really? I checked my initial player counts and when I saw Bertens, Buzarnescu, and Larsson on so many teams I assumed I probably wasn't gaining on anyone. I figured Stosur was my last unique enough pick to gain me some ground.

I'll gladly take third, my goal is now (at least) one medal a year...at eleven years in a row after 2017. After that anything else is gravy.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 05-25-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    What? Really? I checked my initial player counts and when I saw Bertens, Buzarnescu, and Larsson on so many teams I assumed I probably wasn't gaining on anyone. I figured Stosur was my last unique enough pick to gain me some ground.

I'll gladly take third, my goal is now (at least) one medal a year...at eleven years in a row after 2017. After that anything else is gravy.

Yep, lucky for you I did not have Larsson. And Barty lost/retired. So congrats!

Sweet. Larsson seems like one of those players who plays a lot and always winds up on my teams, but I can't remember her ever being useful before.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234