Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 IW/Miami suicide pool Loser's Lounge

I apologize for not having any pictures of bars, but I thought we ought to have this thread up before play begins. We are sure to have some losers today, since as of this moment we have people picking players from the opposite sides of the same match
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: 2018 IW/Miami suicide draw pool Loser's Lounge

Can you make sure the copper mugs are chilled? I'll want a Moscow Mule when Sharapova loses to Osaka.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: 2018 IW/Miami suicide pool Loser's Lounge

Shelby was up a set and a break. So, of course we who picked her are doomed.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Was she one-legged before the match started?
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

This is a perfect example of how I think we're collectively getting worse at SPs. I even noted in my pick that she hadn't won a match this year...and picked her anyway. I too often say doesn't matter how bad Player A is playing if I don't know who player B is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Doomed is right, didn't take long to get here...damn Shelby WTF??? You lost to who??? Anyway... While I'm here I'll take a Rum and Coke.

When do Miami start?
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

WTA site showing March 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    This is a perfect example of how I think we're collectively getting worse at SPs. I even noted in my pick that she hadn't won a match this year...and picked her anyway. I too often say doesn't matter how bad Player A is playing if I don't know who player B is.
    Sorry for bragging but... I saw your post and I was surprised that she was being picked. What has she ever done to be picked for a SP for the qualies?
    Then again: Sharaboba lost, Bouchard lost, and we all know that the first rounds of IW and Miami are the toughest because it is a bunch of nobodies or a returning player (Serena) that you won't pick because she will probably win the tournament.
    Conclusion: you are right. We are getting worse at this.
    Missing winter...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I actually was going to pick against Bouchard but when thread came out it just had her against Q3...so I went with Shelby instead. Should've went back later and changed.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

So if I said we're getting collectively worse...and I was double-cheeked both on day 1, does that mean I'm (tied for?) our worst SP player now?

Double-cheeked to a man and women both outside the top 150 in rankings. Ugh.

I missed the deadline for the women and went out Day 1 with men. Good times...
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Out of both pools in less than three days. PT's point: we are NOT getting collectively worse at this. We are totally sucking at it.
    C'mon, we should be better at it. We are supposed to know about tennis!!!
    Missing winter...

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

As Day 2 dawned i was dreaming of an imagery tiny medal. 3 hours later Tiafoe took me down and out of IW. These practice pools are horrid: if you win you don't really win anything or get a medal, and when you lose you feel extra stupid indeed. But I love torture. On to Miami!
    Ever mysterious are the ways of the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
    As Day 2 dawned i was dreaming of an imagery tiny medal. 3 hours later Tiafoe took me down and out of IW. These practice pools are horrid: if you win you don't really win anything or get a medal, and when you lose you feel extra stupid indeed. But I love torture. On to Miami!
    That cracked me up
    Missing winter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast