Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Day 9 AO Mens Suicide Pool Pick

congratulations on getting to the Quarterfinals, and best of luck from here on in.
    Please be ure to check your previous picks as we get closer to the finals.

Fabrice Santoro FRA vs. David Nalbandian ARG (4)

Ivan Ljubicic CRO(7) vs. Marcos Baghdatis CYP
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Re: Day 9 AO Mens Suicide Pool Pick

Sadly thanks to Marcos Baghdatis I can not go all the way through the draw but I am still going to go as far as I can

My Day Nine pick is David Nabandian

My Day 9 pick - Marcos Baghdatis.

If he can beat Roddick, he can beat Ljubicic. (Repeat.)
    If he can beat Roddick, he...

Doll, I've hidden any hats I've found in my flat thanks to your advice yesterday! Never know when I might put one on my head while I'm inside without thinking!
    I have no idea what the h*ll I'm doing here.

I am sort of very very confused here: santoro or marcos? marcos or santoro? genius or genius?
    Hmmm... I think I've had the whole day to ponder: reason tells me marcos and the heart tells me Santoro. I'll follow reason (I hope she's not treacherous...)

Thus, my pick for the day is Marcos Baghdatis (by the way, his name in Greek spells Pagdatis. I've never understood why he spells it that way in the latin alphabet).

By the way, if Baghdatis wins and Santoro kicks the living daylights out of Nalbandian, then I will have to choose santoro against Marcos. Oh, the choices that TATAOSP forces us to make...
    Then again, if Nalbandian and Baghdatis win, I am f***ed.
    Same goes of course if Baghdatis bows out to Ljubicic...

I don't think I can go all the way either. Just happy and shocked to hve made it this far. Day 9 pick is: David Nalbandian ARG (4).

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

just wanted to bump this thread up since it had fallen below the Day 8 thread.

Man, things are getting sticky wicked in the Mens Game...thats what happens when you're trying to save someone like Federer, and you lose a clear favoirte like Roddick early...leads to some intense mind battles for picking a winner
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

It's best if you lose someone like Roddick at the start of the event - before he is included in your strategy - like at the USO. At this point, I know Baghdatis winning has sealed the fate of some of our remaining contestants, at least as far as beating the draw. They can still win the contest.

Baghdatis.

I'm 13 years old. This is more fun than any video game. Thanks Mr. Wertheim for telling us about it.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by slicentice
    Baghdatis.

I'm 13 years old. This is more fun than any video game. Thanks Mr. Wertheim for telling us about it.
    13!

Most of the rest of us may be older, but we can act like 10 year-old's on occasion.

Great to have you aboard slicentice!

macavity

13 years old. My goodness. If this contest fails to produce a clear winner - entirely possible - I vote Slicentice gets some kind of age-handicap recognition.

Well, I face the same dilemma as everyone else, having already picked Ljubicic and wanting Nalbandian for the final. So I'm choosing to roll the dice...

Marcos Baghdatis.

Go Cyrpus! <cheers noisily and nonsensically in Greek, while readying a bottle of tequila for the kicking party at the Losers' Lounge>

Somehow I still think there is a way that gets me to the end even after the Roddick loss - and that is if and only if things play out in just the right way for it to work. Oh, and me picking the right people. All of this talk of people running out of players to choose has had me trying to figure this out all day! [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Tomorrow I'll have a 50-50 choice to make if I'm lucky enough to still be in for Day 10.

I have my head twisted all around now from trying to think about all of this.

THIS IS A GREAT GAME!!!
    I have no idea what the h*ll I'm doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by rktct2b
    My Day 9 pick - Marcos Baghdatis.

If he can beat Roddick, he can beat Ljubicic. (Repeat.)
    If he can beat Roddick, he...

Doll, I've hidden any hats I've found in my flat thanks to your advice yesterday! Never know when I might put one on my head while I'm inside without thinking!
    That is very wise of you, lol. Plus, I totally agree with the reasonings behind your pick.

Good luck [smiley=engel017.gif]

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slicentice
    Coming from someone who would know! Glad you're enjoying yourself!
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.