Agree Agree:  65
Likes Likes:  66
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

Massu & Puig will spend the rest of their lives explaining how they won Olympic Gold.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    Massu & Puig will spend the rest of their lives explaining how they won Olympic Gold.
    Ranked #14 at the time and the only male player to win both singles and doubles gold in tennis at the same Olympics, I don't think Massu has a lot of explaining to do. Given that his teammate Fernando Gonzales won singles bronze and doubles gold at the same games, maybe there was a bit of Chilean magic in the Athens air.

As for Puig, I think Muguruzu, Kvitova and Kerber have more explaining to do than she does.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2011

Because the Olympics are nothing more than a tournament between a 500 Series event and a Masters?
    (Joke, don't roast me)
    Starry starry night

Massu was part of, by far, the most entertaining tennis match I saw in the two years I went to the U.S. Open (2002 and 2003), the only slam I've ever attended (and for only one day each year). He played Sargis Sargsian and the stands for the outer show court were packed with flag-waving Armenians and Chileans.

The match went five sets for I believe more than four hours and Sargsian won, but the atmosphere was what made it special. Every point was a party.

Jim Courier is on the Tennis Channel broadcast throwing shade at the timing of Raonic's coaching changes. "Apparently, it's a bad thing to make the Quarterfinals of a Major." And then said something like "So Fabrice, perhaps if you get to the Round of 16 in Paris, give a bad scouting report if you want to keep the job."

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Jim Courier is on the Tennis Channel broadcast throwing shade at the timing of Raonic's coaching changes. "Apparently, it's a bad thing to make the Quarterfinals of a Major." And then said something like "So Fabrice, perhaps if you get to the Round of 16 in Paris, give a bad scouting report if you want to keep the job."
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, if Milos loses this match, can he fire Fabrice Santoro even though he hasn't really hired him?

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyg View Post
    Massu was part of, by far, the most entertaining tennis match I saw in the two years I went to the U.S. Open (2002 and 2003), the only slam I've ever attended (and for only one day each year). He played Sargis Sargsian and the stands for the outer show court were packed with flag-waving Armenians and Chileans.

The match went five sets for I believe more than four hours and Sargsian won, but the atmosphere was what made it special. Every point was a party.
    I was there, I think! Sargisian went on to lose to Agassi and I remember watching that on TV and finding out they were unlikely BFFs.

(It was the 2004 US Open)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I was there, I think! Sargisian went on to lose to Agassi and I remember watching that on TV and finding out they were unlikely BFFs.

(It was the 2004 US Open)
    Yeah, I remember finding out Sargis Sargsian (one of the great tennis names) and Agassi are good friends. I think it's because Agassi's dad and Sargis are both Armenian, right?
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I'm enjoying the shade being thrown at Raonic and the many, many coaching changes. ESPN is talking about it too and they had to make it a much smaller font than they typically use in their graphics just to fit all the names on screen.

Chris Fowler - "Milos changes coaches more than any NBA team or English soccer team, 10 different coaches in less than a decade."

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021