Agree Agree:  34
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

David Kotyza is now Strycova's coach
    via her Instagram
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Re: WTA/ATP Coaching Merry-Go-Round

With all the changes I thought we could use a thread for just the coaching changes taking place on both tours.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Craig O'Shannessy‏
    @BrainGameTennis
    Following Following @BrainGameTennis
    More
    Good times in Monaco! Hard work on the court also filled with big smiles �� as well. Inspiring to work with Novak, Andre, Radek & an A+ fitness team

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Craig O'Shannessy‏! I met him when he coached young Kevin Anderson. He is a fan of teaching through video replay.

WTA Insider‏Verified account
    @WTA_insider
    More
    Naomi Osaka’s agent confirms Sascha Bajin has been hired as a coach.

Some recaps (WTA):

Vekic will be coached by Torben Beltz.

Biljana Veselinović stops working with Daria Gavrilova and will now coach Petra Martić.

AMG split with Ostapenko to become Fed Cup Captain for Spain. Catching up I see that she was fed up with Ostapenko's juvenile behavior.

Nicole Gibbs will now be coached by Clay Thompson.

Karolina Pliskova is now coached by Tomas Krupa.

Errani split with Michele Montalbini.

Konta split with Fissette.

Belgian Philippe Dehaes is Daria Kasatkina's new coach.

(Some of this may need to be updated).

WTA‏Verified account
    @WTA
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    "@mikejoyce73 is fanastic coach and I'm really excited to work with him"

@JoKonta91 is looking to build on her 2017 success with her new team--> http://wtatenn.is/juR044

Former ATP player Antonio Veic will now coach Ana Konjuh.

Darren Cahill‏Verified account
    @darren_cahill

Building a Romanian Power team so I figured I’d start with the World No.1 @Simona_Halep ��. She requested her lucky number 13 �� #nevertearusapart #Andrei #Theo @PAFC

Ostapenko will work with David Taylor (former coach of Sam Stosur), albeit only sporadically for 15 weeks during the year. Her mom will still be the main coach, but she does have a full team now. Besides those two also a fitness coach, hitting partner and psychologist.
    Roger forever

Taylor was working with Naomi Osaka too.

Ben Rothenberg‏Verified account
    @BenRothenberg

More
    Aussie David Taylor, who worked with Naomi Osaka last year, will coach Jelena Ostapenko in 2018.

Osaka will be coached by Sascha Bajin, a former Serena hitting partner in his first head coaching gig.

Per her Instagram Safarova is back with Rob Steckley.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcu1i0LH...lucie.safarova

Matt Cronin‏
    @TennisReporters

Interesting, the American Sloane Stephens has hired the coach, the Britain Andrew Fitzpatrick, who parted ways with Johanna Konta at end of the year. The US Open champ Stephens will be more aggressive next year. I think

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Matt Cronin‏
    @TennisReporters

Interesting, the American Sloane Stephens has hired the coach, the Britain Andrew Fitzpatrick, who parted ways with Johanna Konta at end of the year. The US Open champ Stephens will be more aggressive next year. I think
    What happened to Kamau Murray?
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast