Agree Agree:  114
Likes Likes:  122
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9243031323334

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

Blair Henley @BlairHenley

Max Mirnyi joining Nishikori’s team prompted a curious search of Mirnyi’s Bradenton pizza shop. Heard it had closed, but this statement on their website was...unexpected. How unfortunate.

Unfortunatley Dear Customer – we had to close because of Bryan Shobe our former “Restaurant Manager”.
    This man is solely the reason why we were forced to shut down the business. Kenneth Bryan Shobe is a besides a Liar, a Thief and Fraud which embezzled 0.5 Million Dollars from our Restaurant!
    Bryan Shobe is a sexually herassing almoste every female employee and is also on the IRS Blacklist, as we found out – too late. With lying and stealing for the last year we were forced to close the doors.
    We are so very sorry – but very thankful that you’ve been our customers until the very last minute.
    http://www.breakpoint-pizza.com
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Their Facebook page is even wilder. It appears this restaurant actually closed in 2015.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Unrelated, I don't think Pliskova has changed a single thing about her game since she became a tour staple, so it probably doesn't matter who is coaching her.

She has improved her footwork a lot. It is still sort of a gazelle-with-polio effect but you can't deny she has been working on that a lot.
    With that footwork, it will be very hard for her to improve other areas. Her net game will always suffer for lack of lateral speed and trying to run around her backhand can only be done on the softest of shots coming back, so I believe she can only improve on consistency.
    But I wish she gets her Slam. I like her.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    She has improved her footwork a lot. It is still sort of a gazelle-with-polio effect but you can't deny she has been working on that a lot.
    With that footwork, it will be very hard for her to improve other areas. Her net game will always suffer for lack of lateral speed and trying to run around her backhand can only be done on the softest of shots coming back, so I believe she can only improve on consistency.
    But I wish she gets her Slam. I like her.
    Pliskova also gets tight... I hope she gets a Slam, too, because that will mean she learned to overcome the highest amounts of pressure.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Until she learns to bend her knees, it will be a lost cause.

Fabio Fognini
    @fabiofogna

I’m happy to introduce my new Team Fogna! I’m excited to be working with Corrado Barazzutti as my head coach and with Stefano Barsacchi, trainer, Giovanni Teoli, physio and Alberto Giraudo. I can’t wait to start the new season! #2020 #newseason #teamfogna

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

I have not heard of any of these people

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9243031323334