Agree Agree:  135
Likes Likes:  146
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14293536373839

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Come on man! Where's the link?
    I looked! I searched for a couple different highlights, but I didn't see it at the time I was expecting too. Sharapova won the first set 6-1, and Azarenka was pissed. She had her head down and was stomping towards her chair without looking, and full on barreled into Sharapova, who was completely startled.

I thought it was after the first set, but that wasn't it. Maybe it's the next changeover.

Everything is so difficult when it comes to the WTA.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Alright, I googled "Sharapova Azarenka bump" just to make sure I didn't imagine it. The clip itself is sort of 'much ado about nothing.' It's not that hard of a bump, but Sharapova shaking her head afterwards is a real *chef's kiss*.

azarenka-sharapova-bump.jpg
    https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tenni...183234505.html

Shoulder Bump of the year:

Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka don’t like each other – that has been clear for a while now. But who would’ve thought their dislike would actually get physical? Before you let our imagination run wild, let me clarify that the incident in question was a lot less saucy than it sounds; I’m referring, of course, to Sharapova and Azarenka ‘accidentally’ bumping shoulders as they walked to their chairs at a changeover during their Stuttgart final. After the match, Sharapova let loose her famed iciness as she remarked, in a tone dripping with sarcasm, that “it was so unfortunate Vika was extremely injured today and just couldn’t really perform her game”. Alright, this may be borderline soap opera stuff, but in a sport largely devoid of drama, we take all the crumbs we can get. And yet, this incident wasn’t quite as eye-popping as…
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/s...oments-of-2012

I loved that moment when I saw it live and still do. Next: A reality show starring WTA players featuring mud-wrestling bouts in a single-elimination format. GH

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

That's called channeling your inner-Irina Spirlea...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14293536373839