Agree Agree:  114
Likes Likes:  123
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 823293031323334 LastLast

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

sascha Bajin
    @BigSascha

I’m interested in what your thoughts are on her comeback? Comment below would love to read it...
    https://www.wtatennis.com/news/14839...edium=referral

I won’t be a part of her team guys, I was just curios about what you guys think...
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

LaWanda
    @lawanda50

Dayana Yastremska announced on her FB page that she is now working with a new coach Sascha Bajin.

ETA: Some are making a big deal about Bajin's name not being mentioned in the English translation of Yastremska's post.It is mentioned in both her Ukrainian and Russian posts.

I'm not sure which language this is.

Всем привет!
    Я очень рада поделиться с вами новостью о том, что в сезон 2020 я вхожу с новым тренером Сашей Бажином!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

As much as I’ve enjoyed my time off, I’m excited to get back into training. Happy to announce that Didi Kindlmann will be joining my team as the new coach! Work starts here, and I‘m thankful for the people in my team that share the same vision moving forward! #TeamAngie pic.twitter.com/Y6p1YSppyq

— Angelique Kerber (@AngeliqueKerber) November 21, 2019

Apparently she's also hired Djokovics former Fitness-Coach Marco Panicci..

― Frank Zappa

I do remember Kvitova say a few years back that she hates working out
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    As much as I’ve enjoyed my time off, I’m excited to get back into training. Happy to announce that Didi Kindlmann will be joining my team as the new coach! Work starts here, and I‘m thankful for the people in my team that share the same vision moving forward! #TeamAngie pic.twitter.com/Y6p1YSppyq

— Angelique Kerber (@AngeliqueKerber) November 21, 2019

Apparently she's also hired Djokovics former Fitness-Coach Marco Panicci..
    Interesting choice. We'll see how this one goes. He doesn't exactly have a track record of longevity from the article that's up on the WTA site. I was hoping Sascha was going to be her coach since she's on this must be or speak German thing.

And the fitness coach thing is whatever to me. I've never looked at Angie and thought you know what she could be to help her game? More fit.

Elina Svitolina @ElinaSvitolina is going to continue her work with Andrew Bettles in 2020 but she also says there will be a new member(s) to her team. Stay tuned. #tennis #WTA https://t.co/ZkOMSLwVs4

— Ukrainian Tennis | BTU.ORG.UA (@UkrainianTennis) November 22, 2019

― Frank Zappa

Garbiñe Muguruza @GarbiMuguruza
    2020 con @conchitamartinz
    ��������

#Team

― Frank Zappa

Karel Knap
    @Karel_Knap
    New coach for Karolína Plíšková: Dani Vallverdu.

Olga Savchuk will also be a part of the coaching staff

Vallverdu worked with Murray, Berdych, Wawrinka, DelPotro or Dimitrov. Never coached on WTA Tour. Couldn't help Berdych win the grandslam. Now he's hired to push another Czech star to the trophy.

― Frank Zappa

Got an alert about this on my phone this morning. Very strange pairing to me.

Vallverdu was one of the main voices that were raised in oppostion to Murray hiring Mauresmo if I'm remembering correctly. Now he's coaching a WTA player? Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

― Frank Zappa

Vallverdu was one of the main voices that were raised in oppostion to Murray hiring Mauresmo if I'm remembering correctly. Now he's coaching a WTA player? Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?
    I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that Vallverdu was against Mauresmo be hired because he wanted the job.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that Vallverdu was against Mauresmo be hired because he wanted the job.
    Yeah, it might have been more of the latter. But even if it was somewhat of a bias, it wouldn't surprise me of a man would think men can coach women but not vice versa. Know what I mean?

Speaking of coaching, the Michael Joyce episode of Under Review podcast is terrific. Very candid about Genie and Babos and contracts and the world of coaching.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 11-26-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    I think it was a healthy dose of both. He clearly thought he was going to get an upgrade to coach after Lendl, but also seemed to take exception to being #2 to a woman. I'm not sure if there was a ton written about it, but it was discussed at the time so much that having a woman leading the team was a struggle for Dani (and Jez too I think), one that Andy wasn't aware would happen since he doesn't have the same sexist hangups.

Simona Halep @Simona_Halep

― Frank Zappa

Natalia Vikhlyantseva @NVikhlyantseva will start the 2020 season with Fed Cup captain Igor Andreev as a coach.

— Maria Nikulashkina (@nikulashkina) November 28, 2019

― Frank Zappa

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 823293031323334 LastLast