Agree Agree:  136
Likes Likes:  156
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16313738394041

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

stanwawrinka85
    Verified

Thank you !
    After 8 great years together @swedennorman and I have decided to part ways by mutual consent. We have had a amazingly strong, enjoyable and hugely successful partnership. We reached the height of this sport together and I want to thank him for helping me win everything that I could ever dreamt of winning. He’s been a great coach, friend and mentor and will always be a dear friend. I want to publicly thank him for all his hard work dedication and commitment in making me a better player over the years. Winning 3 grand slams has been a life changing experience for me and I could not have done that without him. Wishing him all the best in his next chapter in his life!

Stan posted many other photos of them if you're interested - https://www.instagram.com/p/CFZPZFCg7WI/

Collins now working with... Nico Almagro. At least for the French. Wonder what the connection is.

Also, anyone watch the Netflix episode of Playbook with Mouratoglou? Has this already been thoroughly discussed? Really liked it it. The stuff about Baghdatis was heartbreaking. Would have put this in Random, Random but didn't want to bump Charlie's new Rick Moranis comment that he went to a lot of trouble to post.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

More and more US players are seeking out coaches for what for them is a specialty surface. Interesting choice.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Collins now working with... Nico Almagro. At least for the French. Wonder what the connection is.

Also, anyone watch the Netflix episode of Playbook with Mouratoglou? Has this already been thoroughly discussed? Really liked it it. The stuff about Baghdatis was heartbreaking. Would have put this in Random, Random but didn't want to bump Charlie's new Rick Moranis comment that he went to a lot of trouble to post.
    Collins and Almagro is a bizarre pairing, but I'm into it?

I haven't seen the Netflix show, and I'm not particularly itching to watch a documentary about Mouratoglou, but I do love Baghdatis.

About the end of that remark, just you wait! I'm expecting dozens of "agrees with" and comments galore.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    She's still MIA from social media, so knowing what's going on with her has gotten even more difficult. I remember Nico mentioning possibly coaching after retirement. Hopefully this goes well for him, I wouldn't thought of the pairing based on personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Collins and Almagro is a bizarre pairing, but I'm into it?

I haven't seen the Netflix show, and I'm not particularly itching to watch a documentary about Mouratoglou, but I do love Baghdatis.
    It's 30 minutes about his rules for coaching, with a heavy dose of tennis/Serena/Baghdatis insight. I think you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    She's still MIA from social media, so knowing what's going on with her has gotten even more difficult. I remember Nico mentioning possibly coaching after retirement. Hopefully this goes well for him, I wouldn't thought of the pairing based on personality.
    Yeah, and I wonder how they got hooked up. Love the seemingly random pairings (which probably aren't all that random once you get an explanation).

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16313738394041