Agree Agree:  68
Likes Likes:  69
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

I checked the score on Mladenovic's match before posting this.

She was AWFUL today. Many of her shots ended up in the middle of the net. Her follow through was weak. And she seemed confused as to what to do on court. If he takes her on he's got a lot of work to do.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I'm trying to remember who reached such heights and then crashed and burn so hard. Wickmayer? Lisicki, maybe? Kiki has her doubles success though to keep her going. But singles wise, it is a mystery where her game has gone.

SIMONA HALEP ANNOUNCES SHE HAS A NEW COACH WITH HER IN MIAMI

Simona Halep has announced she has a new coach, Daniel Dobre, who is with her this week in Miami.

The 26-year-old stopped working with Darren Cahill during the 2018 offseason and brought on Thierry Van Cleemput for a few weeks between the Australian Open and Doha.

Though insisting each time that she was not looking for a new coach right away, the French Open champ has again decided to add to her team.

"I have a Romanian coach, someone I've worked with before," she was quoted as telling press at Miami. "The most important thing is I feel good with him. We have a good connection, and that makes things easier."

Halep is No. 3 in the rankings.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2019/...r-miami/80471/

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I'm trying to remember who reached such heights and then crashed and burn so hard. Wickmayer? Lisicki, maybe? Kiki has her doubles success though to keep her going. But singles wise, it is a mystery where her game has gone.
    Kiki was trashing Sharapova the spring that she beat Mugu at the French Open, her last really good result, I think - 2017. I wonder if she noticed a lock of her hair missing around that time.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

���������� ��������ツ
    ‏Verified account
    @DKTNNS

Clearing up the Mladenovic/Bajin mystery: Sascha is a family friend and he agreed to help her out this week @MiamiOpen but not in any official capacity.

Bajin is currently looking at undisclosed offers from other players, nothing concrete as yet.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Ilya Ryvlin
    ‏@ryvlin

Kuznetsova no longer works with Guillermo Cañas. Her new coach is Artem Deripasko.

Kuznetsova recovers from knee injury and hopes to play in Lugano (April 8-14).

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122