Agree Agree:  86
Likes Likes:  92
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2172324252627

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    TBH I don't under$tand why Kamau would go back to working with Sloane unle$$ the pot wa$ $weetened by $omeone.
    He got her to a grand slam. Maybe that's gratifying for a coach, to bring out the best in a player. Maybe the schedule works out better. Maybe he enjoys working with her game. Or all of the above. And maybe the money is there. We'll have to wait for the biography.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    I will say I think it was pretty low class not to give Puig more notice if that was true. She definitely deserves better treatment than that. I hope that she makes some waves at the Open as a result.
    i wish I knew more about these team/relationship dynamics and when/how they affect a player. To me, the support (in all its dimensions) would be the hardest part of a career to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    First Thought - Andy Murray was going to play mixed doubles with Monica Puig, and she was surprised when he said he was pulling out of the Open?

Reading the rest made it make much more sense.
    Me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    That was literally always what Sloane answered when she was asked and she was asked a lot in those first few months, but almost no one felt the need to report it in that manner. But her direct quotes said that. They just always ignored her language and went with their own.
    I always remembered that, but it was impossible to subscribe any particular meaning to it. If anyone dug into it with her of Kamau or anyone else knowledgeable, I didn't see it (which could totally have been the case). It's a great example of a fact not connected to any meaningful truth. I'm glad they're giving it another go.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; Today at 06:32 AM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2172324252627