Agree Agree:  136
Likes Likes:  153
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15303637383940

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I was just wondering are there coaches which work about equally often with men and women? There probably are, I just can't think of any without looking up...
    Good question. I think what we're seeing is the proof that the men's and women's games are completely different and require different skill sets from players and their coaches. I think it was Madison who briefly hired an ATP coach and let him go because no one on the women's tour hits the way he was trying to teach her to hit. We can argue the merits of her argument but I think that sums up why there's not a lot of coaches working between tours.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Amelie Mauresmo, Darren Cahill and Patrick Mouratoglou are the only ones that come to mind that are current. There must be others.

Dani Vallverdu is listed as Pliskova's main coach. He appears to be barely around and always with Stan if you ask me. I think she's the first woman he's coached.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Amelie Mauresmo, Darren Cahill and Patrick Mouratoglou are the only ones that come to mind that are current. There must be others.

Dani Vallverdu is listed as Pliskova's main coach. He appears to be barely around and always with Stan if you ask me. I think she's the first woman he's coached.
    I was going to cite Vallverdu but wasn't sure. Patrick runs an Academy so it's kind of a given he works with both men and women. I don't think Cahill will be back to the mens tour if Simona has anything to say about it.

Mauresmo was attacked so viciously I wonder if she would try it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I was going to cite Vallverdu but wasn't sure. Patrick runs an Academy so it's kind of a given he works with both men and women. I don't think Cahill will be back to the mens tour if Simona has anything to say about it.
    Cahill is a good fit for Simona, but his coaching career is probably longer than her playing one.
    Roger forever

So, what is wrong with Caty? I know next to nothing about her other than watching a few of her matches and whatever commentators have told me about her. Mostly that she's from Cincinnati.
    Nothing that I know of...I was referring to how quickly he should move away from Dayana.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Nothing that I know of...I was referring to how quickly he should move away from Dayana.
    That's how I took it and totally agree.

I was just wondering are there coaches which work about equally often with men and women? There probably are, I just can't think of any without looking up...
    Sven Groeneveld - currently working with Taro Daniel, has worked with Rusedski, Stitch, Haas and Ancic, as well as the high-profile WTA players.

Mouratoglou
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

If you mean whether she'll coach men again? I think she's still coaching Pouille. He's injured, but he posted a photo with her recently (not practicing). They could just be friends, but I'd expect her to be his coach when he returns.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 09-18-2020 at 02:27 PM.

If you mean whether she'll coach men again? I think she's still coaching Pouille. He's injured, but he posted a photo with her recently (not practicing). They could just be friends, but I'd expect that to be his coach when he returns.
    Yeah, I guess it's easy to miss that since he's injured so often, but she's been his coach for quite a while.

Thanks for getting me up to date guys. I really didn't know about Mauresmo and Pouille. Good for him.

I didn't realize that Konta ditched Hogstedt before her match against Muguruza. Yikes! But I guess it's an upgrade over mid-match firings a la Petrova?

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Nick Bollettieri !
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15303637383940