Agree Agree:  78
Likes Likes:  73
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

WTA Insider
    ‏Verified account
    @WTA_insider

Rennae Stubbs confirms that she, Conchita Martinez, and Karolina Pliskova have put a plan in place for the full season. #BrisbaneTennis

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Who was Venus Williams coach? Dv0B7LEXgAIwYPj.jpg

Prior to 2019, David Witt was with her for 11 years
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Prior to 2019, David Witt was with her for 11 years
    I mean yesterday.

I have absolautely no idea who any of those people are for Venus.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I have absolautely no idea who any of those people are for Venus.
    One of those people was Paige Hourrigan, she has been training with her all week.

Goffin fired his coach? And he's now working with Halep?

David Goffin separates from his coach Thierry Van Cleemput
    BELGA Posted on Sunday 20 January 2019 at 10h19 - Updated Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:40

The day after his elimination in the 3rd round of the Australian Tennis Open, David Goffin announced on his Facebook page the separation with his coach Thierry Van Cleemput who followed him full time since April 2014.

..."At the end of this Australian Open, we decided Thierry Van Cleemput and I to put an end to our professional relationship, by mutual agreement.We shared extraordinary moments both sportingly and humanely ... and I really want to thank him for that, and I wish him all the best for his future collaborations! "writes the Belgian N.1.

Belgian sportsman of the year 2017 after having played in the final of the Masters and the Davis Cup, David Goffin had a more difficult year in 2018 with injuries to the eye and then to the elbow. This one deprived him of the end of season. Returned to the competition in January, the Liégeois, 22nd world, failed in the third round clearly in three sets - 6-2, 7-6 (7/3), 6-3 - against the Russian Daniil Medvedev (ATP 19).

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/tennis/d...78e2710ec81be5

Google translation from the French.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Goffin fired his coach? And he's now working with Halep?
    Anyone else misread this as Goffin coaching Halep now?
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Anyone else misread this as Goffin coaching Halep now?
    Either that or Halep is coaching Goffin.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

I was just confused completely because that article didn't mention Halep. So here's further clarification.

HALEP TALKING WITH POSSIBLE NEW COACH THIERRY VAN CLEEMPUT

BY Kamakshi Tandon

MELBOURNE—Simona Halep may be working with a new coach, unofficially. Belgian Thierry Van Cleemput sat behind Halep's player box during her fourth round loss to Serena Williams, just a day following his announced split with world No. 22 David Goffin.

"We are talking. I have nothing to do with their split," Halep said. "I like him as a coach. I like him as a person. So is not my official coach. We didn't decide yet anything. We just have to know each other better."

Halep and Cleemput plan to work together during Halep's next two events at Doha and Dubai, according to Belgian press.

After Cahill's announcement in November, the 27-year-old Romanian had initially said she did not want to hire a new coach immediately.

Cahill is taking some time off the tour to be at home with his family, though he's still a commentator for ESPN. While officially still without a coach, Halep had indicated she was still receiving occasional help from Cahill, who was on court during some of her practices during the tournament.

Goffin has not announced a new coach. He lost in the third round to Daniil Medvedev.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2019/...r-coach/79174/

Sorry for the mangled sentence structure guys. It's been a long two weeks.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Naw, it was the headline, not you!
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

No worries at all. You were just way more up on what was going on. Last I heard, Halep was going without a coach for several months.

Naomi Osaka Fandom
    ‏@NaomiOsakaFAN

Jelena Ostapenko has a new coaching consultant, Former coach of Steffi Graf, Capriati, Kournikova and Maleeva - Pavel Složil, he will begin working with her from March, will travel estimated 16-20 weeks of the year. She will use Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy in Naples as base.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That poor man. Alona will drive him to drink...

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast