Agree Agree:  34
Likes Likes:  30
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Re: Tennis Coaching Merry-Go-Round

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I had no idea. Thanks for the update. I know nothing about him.
    Well, we know one thing about him...
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Amelie Mauresmo withdraws as France Davis Cup captain to coach Lucas Pouille

The 39-year-old, who would have been France's first female Davis Cup captain, had been appointed in June to replace Yannick Noah next year.

Mauresmo coached Andy Murray for two years and subsequently guided France's women to the Fed Cup final in 2016.

Frenchman Pouille is currently ranked 32nd in the world.

The 24-year-old had reached number 10 in the world in March.

Two-time Grand Slam winner Mauresmo was the first woman to coach a leading male player when appointed by Britain's Murray in 2014.

Noah led France to three Davis Cup victories during three spells as captain, with his latest tenure ending in November following defeat by Croatia in the final.

Pouille secured the third of those victories by beating Belgium's Steve Darcis in the deciding singles match in 2017.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/46476492
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2011

Venus Williams has cut ties with her long-time coach David Witt, according to Witt. It was an 11-year partnership, with Witt a hitting partner, then coach.
    "It was a great run," Witt told me.

A former pro, Witt says he'd like to stay in the coaching ranks, on either tour.

— Ravi Ubha (@raviubha) December 10, 2018
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Venus Williams has cut ties with her long-time coach David Witt, according to Witt. It was an 11-year partnership, with Witt a hitting partner, then coach.
    "It was a great run," Witt told me.
    That's a shocker!

The worst option would be that she isn't sure she'll play the whole season. The best would be that she wants a legend or serving expert to help her make one last serious run at Wimbledon.

After last year, I think it was time. Also, she's only going to be around for another year or two, I think, so set up a potentially lucrative new partnership.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Ben Rothenberg is hinting that Sloane and Kamau Murray are on a break. He isn't going to Australia.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Ben Rothenberg is hinting that Sloane and Kamau Murray are on a break. He isn't going to Australia.
    Nelslus, stake out the XS Tennis Center and find out!

I toured the facility a couple months ago during an open house. The director grew up playing tennis with Michelle Obama. It's a fantastic place with affordable rates for community members. Kamau was walking around and stopped to chat.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112