Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

AMITS 2018: Ask Questions Here

This is the place to ask questions and find deadlines.

The deadline for posting your team is the first scheduled match for the WTA at Brisbane, which will be on December 31, local time. I don't have the exact time yet, but matches frequently start at 11:00 a.m. local time. Since Brisbane is 10 hours ahead of GMT, and 15 hours ahead of US eastern time, the deadline will be approximately 1:00 a.m. December 31 GMT, 8:00 p.m. December 30, US Eastern time and 5:00 p.m. December 30, US Pacific time.

Also, remember that we have two Williams (Serena is planning on playing the AO), two Zverevs, and two Pliskovas. Thankfully, none of the brother/sister pairs have both members in the same category, so that they should be easily distinguishable on the original rosters. However, trades in contests with both WTA and ATP players can get complex. So be sure to label which of the brother/sister pairs you are referencing, especially during trades.
    Last edited by dave g; 12-06-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: AMITS 2018: Ask Questions Here

I just looked at the provisional schedule's starting time. Sunday's starting time is scheduled to be 1:00 p.m. local time. This happens to be 3:00 a.m. (Sunday December 31) GMT, 10:00 p.m. (Saturday, December 30) US Eastern time and 7:00 p.m. (Saturday, December 30) US Pacific time.

The deadline is currently about 38 hours away.

Update: Looks like play begins at noon local time in Brisbane. This would be 9 pm EST, 6 pm PST. So just under 12 hours to get your teams in

For future reference, if I have one deadline and waylandboy-tw has a different deadline, use waylandboy-tw's. He is better at figuring the correct deadline than I am.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

And to be really safe...assume the earlier one is correct

Three of next weeks tournaments say they start on Sunday, Australian time. Usually the starting time is 11:00 a.m. local time. This equates to midnight Saturday/Sunday GMT, 7:00 p.m. U.S. eastern time on Saturday, and 4:00 p.m. U.S. pacific time on Saturday.

Week 2 main draw play starts at noon local time on Sunday in both Sydney and Hobart. That is 8 pm EST, 5pm EST Saturday night. So just less than 12 hours to get your week 2 trades in.

James7 already found the starting time for me.

"AO start of play is Monday, January 15th 2018 at 11:00 am local. Corresponding to 7pm or 19:00 on Sunday, January 14th 2018 US Eastern time.

Just a heads up for contest deadlines."

This is midnight Sunday/Monday GMT and 4:00 p.m. Sunday U.S. Pacific time.