Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AMITS 2018: Yarra River Lounge

Welcome, one and all, to the annual edition of A Month in the Sun!!

This is where TAT's Fantasy Tennis season gets started, and we get the chance to get rid of that off-season rustiness and, perhaps, get an idea of where 2018 will be headed.

For those of you who are new to the game, or perhaps even to TAT: as many people can enter as they like. One team per person, though, and by all means: mingle!

Get to know the other players, find out what makes them tick, discuss the tournaments, complain about on-court clothing choices and get a drink (or two, or more if your choice goes down in flames) from our resident bartender.

Here's wishing all of us the best of luck!
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: AMITS 2018: Yarra River Lounge

I just had a look at the tiers. I am honestly confused and befuddled on choosing a team. The WTA category A is blowing my mind in a mostly bad way. The ATP is weird too and unclear injury / recoveries. I may need to dig out a dart board!

Fortunately it doesn't look like there is a Sunday start, which of course would be Saturday night in North America so we'll have tons of time to make our guesses!

or more if when your choice goes down in flames) from our resident bartender
    Fixed that for ya...

Update: Looks like play begins at noon local time in Brisbane. This would be 9 pm EST, 6 pm PST. So just under 12 hours to get your teams in

Well, fell asleep with kids so never checked my week 1 draws...so hopefully didn't miss anything there

Dodged one bullet with Garcia...had her on team then switched to Konta because she plays next week too.

Picked up Stosur because, well, she can't forever play poorly in Australia.
    Yes. She can.
    Missing winter...

I've been burned by her so many times in this I said to myself before checking entry lists not to pick her, even if she was the only one playing in one of the weeks

Well, that's two bullets dodged... (Had seriously considered Kvitova both before and after choosing Kasatkina instead. And then dithered for a while over whether to drop Barty or Kasatkina when I saw the draw.) I shall use the next 15 minutes to bask in relief, and then someone from my team will no doubt promptly lose ignominiously to a LL or TBC or catch the same virus that caught Petra.

She's just saving herself for Sydney and Melbourne...right?

In an attempt to learn from previous years and many, many mistakes... I'm sticking to my no-no list if even it kills my chances. Stosur is definitely on said list.
    Last edited by oploskoffie; 01-01-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Im out, never got in.
    Saving myself for suicide!

Week 2 main draw play starts at noon local time on Sunday in both Sydney and Hobart. That is 8 pm EST, 5pm EST Saturday night. So just less than 12 hours to get your week 2 trades in.

With Simon, Drop wins the week 1 E-player roulette!

Well, the bad news is I missed the trade deadline. The good news is that means I have all my trades available for next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast