Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Random 2018 Predictions?

And now that 2018 is really over (DC is done), it would be time for somebody to start the predictions 2019 thread.
    I will let Woody do it. This was his idea, after all.
    (I mean, we have a lot of time left before the Aussie SP).
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    And now that 2018 is really over (DC is done), it would be time for somebody to start the predictions 2019 thread.
    I will let Woody do it. This was his idea, after all.
    (I mean, we have a lot of time left before the Aussie SP).
    Good idea. We could use this space to throw out some ideas for what the questions might be.

I'm curious who everyone thinks stands out among the 21 and under crowd. The NextGen guys, Osaka, Sabalenka, Kasatkina, Ostapenko. Who might have a solid year, and who might fizzle?

I'm also curious about the fading stars, like Azarenka and Sharapova. How will they do?

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Sounds good, drop them questions here and I'll make a thread before Jan.
    I'm really interested to see how many majors you all think Novak will win!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

1) First time slam winners? (WTA/ATP) [a lot of copy-paste generalized questions from 2018, actually]
    2) Murray?
    I disapprove of this message

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Good idea. We could use this space to throw out some ideas for what the questions might be.

I'm curious who everyone thinks stands out among the 21 and under crowd. The NextGen guys, Osaka, Sabalenka, Kasatkina, Ostapenko. Who might have a solid year, and who might fizzle?

I'm also curious about the fading stars, like Azarenka and Sharapova. How will they do?
    I'm interested to see how Kontaveit does. Sharapova is done, I think. I hope Azarenka isn't. She seems to have a great perspective and a lot of patience with finding her winning form, so I'm optimistic for her at this point. (I interviewed her about it in the summer, briefly and just by email.) I think what she went through with the custody battle and how it changed her is a big untold story in tennis. And she seems open to talking about it. I almost feel like she's waiting for someone to ask her about it, in depth. I wish someone would do the story.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

What happens with the Bryan/Bryan/Sock triangle?
    How well do our YEC/WTF champs (Svitolina/Zverev) do in slams? Does either finally make a slam semi? Final? Win?
    Biggest flop/plummet/slump on each tour?
    Predict a new endorsement/player company/player business of any kind.
    What will happen with the new Davis Cup and the other team/world competitions?
    Do any of the experimental NextGen rules gain traction on the main tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    What happens with the Bryan/Bryan/Sock triangle?
    How well do our YEC/WTF champs (Svitolina/Zverev) do in slams? Does either finally make a slam semi? Final? Win?
    Biggest flop/plummet/slump on each tour?
    Predict a new endorsement/player company/player business of any kind.
    What will happen with the new Davis Cup and the other team/world competitions?
    Do any of the experimental NextGen rules gain traction on the main tour?

Bryan/Bryan/Not Bryan - Once Bob is healthy, Jack is out, unless tennis launches another experiment - Triples, where a three-person team plays two on the court and can sub in and out. But will Jack try to parlay his confidence into another singles run, or will he partner up with someone else? He would have his pick, right? Maybe Rajeev Ram. Maybe John McEnroe comes out of retirement and plays with him.

Svitolina - about the same, unless she makes a run in Australia. Zverev, I think he'll at least make a Slam semi.

Flop/plummet: Serena and Isner. I always thought it was a foregone conclusion that Serena would break Court's record. Now I don't think so. Maybe she won't get it. Maybe her career won't have a high-drama fairytale finish. At least not until she is 55, has four daughters, and returns to break the record by beating them all at Wimbledon.

Product endorsement: Krygios and CBD vape pens

Davis Cup: squashed under the shoe of Laver Cup. So much for Federer preserving tennis tradition.

NextGen rules: I think we'll be talking about playing let serves in 2020.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 11-27-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234