Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Predictions : Davis Cup Final

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Monday December 26,2016, you are eligible to participate.

We have the final round of the Davis Cup World Group for our Bonus category.

DAVIS CUP BRACKET AND DEADLINE:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...SDAVISCUPF.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Friday at 2 PM local in Lille, France(USA: 8 AM EST - 5 AM PST)

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at:
    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...17allpicks.htm
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: Predictions : Davis Cup Final

Bump. Last shot at glory!

Last picks for 2017 are up. 3 people believe in the power of Goffin
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I got the scenario I needed. I start the tie 8 points behind tenedab in the Bonus category. tenedab and James7 both picked France at 3-2. MysterX forgot to make picks, and I took a chance, based on what I thought tenedab would do, and picked Belgium 3-2. I am not optimistic. But if I can get some luck, I can tie tenedab if Belgium wins the tie, and I can win outright by a whopping 1 point if I happened to get the score right. We'll see how that ball bounces...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Bonus is one medal only?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Bonus is one medal only?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Well, I got the scenario I needed. I start the tie 8 points behind tenedab in the Bonus category. tenedab and James7 both picked France at 3-2. MysterX forgot to make picks, and I took a chance, based on what I thought tenedab would do, and picked Belgium 3-2. I am not optimistic. But if I can get some luck, I can tie tenedab if Belgium wins the tie, and I can win outright by a whopping 1 point if I happened to get the score right. We'll see how that ball bounces...
    Ah, never underestimate the power of the underdog. My only time winning Predictions was when I went against the current out of necessity and predicted Spain to win over Argentina.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

That's what the "Win it for the Dry" sign meant!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Well all or nothing for you now. I like Goffin's chances tomorrow...but now you're reliant on Steve Darcis

So much for the Belgian idea of not playing Goffin in the doubles. Now they are a toast...
    Roger forever

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Usually events like Davis Cup have a major surprise or two. But this one didn't. Unless you count the drubbing-like manner in which Goffin won both of his matches and the fact that the Belgian doubles team actually won a set.

About Goffin and the doubles match... I'm guessing he probably felt like he didn't have the legs for it. He was already over-extending himself by playing two singles matches after making the WTF final. That said, in retrospect, that was pretty much the only chance Belgium had.