Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Talk WTA #1 right here!

Serena will always be legit, even if she is #1 for half a day.
    Mugu is the Wimby champion. That makes her legit.
    Kerber was #1 simply because of points from 2016. Not legit, but not fake. Just the way the system works.
    All the other have an asterisk next to their name.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Serena will always be legit, even if she is #1 for half a day.
    Mugu is the Wimby champion. That makes her legit.
    Kerber was #1 simply because of points from 2016. Not legit, but not fake. Just the way the system works.
    All the other have an asterisk next to their name.
    To be honest we really don't know how (or when) Serena will be back. We have all read when and where she wants to come back but we'll see.

I think the revolving door, questionable #1's is going to become standard for the WTA. The ATP has a few more years before that starts to happen with them.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

There will be new multiple slam per year winners on both tours soon. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    There will be new multiple slam per year winners on both tours soon. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.
    I agree with that when it comes to the ATP where there is a nice crop of late teen to early twenties talent coming up.

I don't see it with the WTA.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Will happen in WTA as well within 2-3 years, perhaps even sooner. I can't say for sure who, but there are several candidates. Muguruza is a possibility and so is Ostapenko. If not maybe we'll need to wait a bit longer for someone like Vondrousova.
    Roger forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12