Agree Agree:  96
Likes Likes:  71
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics PyeongChang 2/9 - 2/25

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Anyone here catch the stink eye Kin Jong Un's sister gave Pence and mother last night? It was epic.
    I didn't. Was it when Pence didn't stand for their combined entrance? Him and "mother" are so embarrassing. Are they there to make a point or to actually participate with the international community and engender goodwill at this peaceful event?

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics Seoul 2/9 - 2/25

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I did not catch his name, but apparently there's a guy skiing in the men's downhill with no ACL. I don't quite follow how that's even possible. But he has completed three training runs with no major problems.
    I'll keep an eye out for him. These winter athletes go through some serious injuries. I have no idea how they are still standing.

If you can, try to catch Mark McMorris from Canada in slopestyle snowboarding. He had a crash where he almost died so he's coming back from a fractured femur, fractured jaw, shattered left arm, ruptured spleen, fractured pelvis, broken ribs, and punctured lung. And he just absolutely killed his qualifying runs to make it to the final. Amazing!

Mark McMorris run was amazing. Now since only one American qualified, the final is relegated to NBCSN - let's see if they air any of it on regular NBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpine Skiing that was scheduled for today is postponed due to high winds.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    Mark McMorris run was amazing. Now since only one American qualified, the final is relegated to NBCSN - let's see if they air any of it on regular NBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watching this now, with four Canadians in the finals. But it's really hard to take--all their jargon/terminology is so ridiculous.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Sounds like, per usual, it's much easier to watch the Olympics in Canada. I'm watching on CBC, but could easily have watched on TV as well.

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics Seoul 2/9 - 2/25

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    If you can, try to catch Mark McMorris from Canada in slopestyle snowboarding. He had a crash where he almost died so he's coming back from a fractured femur, fractured jaw, shattered left arm, ruptured spleen, fractured pelvis, broken ribs, and punctured lung. And he just absolutely killed his qualifying runs to make it to the final. Amazing!
    Even worse than I was thinking. Helicopter couldn't get to him for 3 hours in the back-country and he was in a medically induced coma 11 months ago. So seriously, nothing short of amazing he's alive let alone competing at this level.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Have they shown the final yet? I've seen it but not saying anything in case it's still to be shown (do we need spoiler and non-spoiler threads for Olympics now that we're underway?)

Yes, they showed it. They've moved on to ladies crashing on ice.

I was wondering too about when we should discuss things - spoilers are everywhere.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Well in that case...NBC must be feeling pretty silly if the moved slopestyle to NBCSN given what happened.

I remember for other Olympics we'd have a spoiler and non-spoiler thread...if you were watching delayed you'd stay out of the spoiler thread, where events were all fair game.

It was on main NBC - possibly only because skiing was cancelled, but they must be pretty happy now that they aired it.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I was watching it and USA Today buzzed my phone and told me who won about 10 minutes before he did.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Have they shown the final yet? I've seen it but not saying anything in case it's still to be shown (do we need spoiler and non-spoiler threads for Olympics now that we're underway?)
    Well, the non-spoiler thread would be for Americans only (hey there, NBC!). Everyone else can see what's happening in real time. (Of course, still the case for almost all of us that much happens while we're asleep, and results could be spoiled if one is watching events when they're re-shown the next day).

I've been recording the things I want to see that come on when I should be sleeping. So far so good but it's still early.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I'm under the impression that women athletes are competing in these Olympics, but aside from figure skating, you wouldn't know based on NBC coverage so far.... #provemewrong

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast