Agree Agree:  96
Likes Likes:  71
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics Seoul 2/9 - 2/25

Media Matters Verified account @mmfa
    27m27 minutes ago
    More
    From an op-ed by Executive VP of Fox News John Moody: "If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work"

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Media Matters Verified account @mmfa
    27m27 minutes ago
    More
    From an op-ed by Executive VP of Fox News John Moody: "If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work"

Is he kidding me??? How about STFU? SO offensive not to mention idiotic. I'd hope he'd get fired for this, but it's Fox News, so I'm guessing they don't see anything wrong with these comments. Hope they shock me.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Does this jagweed not know that olympic athletes in almost all events qualify based on prior international results? There are no WC's, save for a handful of events like tennis where a nation's entries are limited. I guess team sports are in the same boat, with a captain having a free selection. But no way is the US sending token athletes in place of a better contender.

This whole "Olympic Athletes From Russia" is a mouthful. I thought they were just going to be listed as "Olympic Athletes" no mention of their country. I get it, but might as well just put it as Russia with no flag, if no other country is going to be included under the same thing. Remember the Unified Team in 1992? Something like that could've worked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Does this jagweed not know that olympic athletes in almost all events qualify based on prior international results? There are no WC's, save for a handful of events like tennis where a nation's entries are limited. I guess team sports are in the same boat, with a captain having a free selection. But no way is the US sending token athletes in place of a better contender.
    Doesn't matter. Fox news viewers heard it. Now they'll believe it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    This is a new level of stupid. If it were remotely true, the examples would be insanely easy to list, even for team sports.

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics PyeongChang 2/9 - 2/25

I couldn't care less what Fox news viewers think or do.

Timings are favourable so will watch the games a bit this weekend. All kinds of skiing are my favourite.
    Roger forever

I saw the Moguls last night. None of them will be able to walk after thirty five or so.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

REMINDER: Be Careful when watching other channels. They will report Olympic scores and happenings as they see fit regardless of when NBC is airing something and they won't always give a warning that they are about to do so. ESPN's ticker will have scores on it as well.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Except for the guy that breached security, twice (or just breached security once but got noticed twice), I thought the opening ceremony was delightful.

Last edited by JazzNU; 02-09-2018 at 09:12 PM.

It was great seeing Queen Yuna again.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    REMINDER: Be Careful when watching other channels. They will report Olympic scores and happenings as they see fit regardless of when NBC is airing something and they won't always give a warning that they are about to do so. ESPN's ticker will have scores on it as well.
    As they see fit regardless of NBC? How dare they!

My problem will be co-workers telling me stuff if I record and watch stuff in the AM. No way to change the channel away from them.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did not catch his name, but apparently there's a guy skiing in the men's downhill with no ACL. I don't quite follow how that's even possible. But he has completed three training runs with no major problems.

Anyone here catch the stink eye Kin Jong Un's sister gave Pence and mother last night? It was epic.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast