Agree Agree:  30
Likes Likes:  95
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 320
  1. #46

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I'm glad you're getting better at playing this and hopefully more accustomed to things, but a bit of advice going forward here and future leagues. Your win this week is coming because I made a very stupid QB decision (and another related roster move)
    that makes the point differential more pronounced than it would be, and you'd be behind right now and Zeke is no lock this season yet especially against a good defense. You may have won anyway, but it wouldn't be as certain as it now.

    Your biggest mistake? Never leave a blank roster spot on your team. If you for some reason do leave a blank space, it better be during a busy bye week where there are limited free agent options and you've strategically decided you can't risk it and getting rid of even your lowest scorer is problematic. In this case for this week, you just needed to move the Defensive Team you have on your bench into the starting position.

    But in general, never leave an empty starting space. You're leaving points on the table that way. As evidenced by last week's scores, one point can be the difference between a win and a loss.
    Thanks, I did not realize that I was leaving a blank space, but I see the BN next to the Defensive Team now.

    Not even thinking about winning or losing yet; I'm just glad I figured out how to add and drop players.
    Last edited by JTContinental; 09-25-2017 at 03:00 PM.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

  2. #47

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Just to point out. Skating scored a total of 364 points if you include his bench. He topped 235 points, leaving both his highest scoring player and his highest scoring QB on the bench. His highest scoring player (on the bench) is actually the highest scoring player of the league for the week. Which means he has had the highest scoring player of the league in two of three weeks so far (I had the third. On the bench)
    Yes. I'm jealous
    I added QB and kicker this week who were supposed to score more points then the players I already had in those positions and so I switched them. So next week I'm switching them back and leaving it until a bye comes up. RB's seem to be very hit or miss - at least some of them - I had the higher predicted scores on my team and the bench player scored much higher than his predicted score.

  3. #48

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Actually, I couldn't stay up for the draft, I had to work early the next day - so he was auto-drafted. This is just complete luck because every time I actually change the team I leave the higher scoring player on the bench.
    Now THAT makes me angry. I wanted Hunt in all three of my drafts and got him in none because he went super early in all of them (2nd-3rd round)

  4. #49

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Your biggest mistake? Never leave a blank roster spot on your team. If you for some reason do leave a blank space, it better be during a busy bye week where there are limited free agent options and you've strategically decided you can't risk it and getting rid of even your lowest scorer is problematic. In this case for this week, you just needed to move the Defensive Team you have on your bench into the starting position.

    But in general, never leave an empty starting space. You're leaving points on the table that way. As evidenced by last week's scores, one point can be the difference between a win and a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Thanks, I did not realize that I was leaving a blank space, but I see the BN next to the Defensive Team now.
    Unless say you had the Baltimore defense this week...on Yahoo I got -7 points for playing them

  5. #50

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Dumb move of the week: I have KC DEF and they were going against the Chargers at LA. So sure, their DEF is good but the chargers are also a high scoring team (on paper). In the meantime, Miami (not a great defense) is available and goes against the Jets, who can't score (on paper).
    KC holds LAC to 10 points, with four picks, and Miami somehow allows the Jets to pile 20.

    I am way overthinking this whole thing.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  6. #51

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    The Jets are terrible, I would've played Miami in that case too. A lot of times that right decision just doesn't work out, especially over a short season like the NFL.

  7. #52
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,743
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Projections almost always kill me. I try not to pay too much attention to them, but i can't help it.

    On my other team I left Witten on the bench the first 2 games because my other TE was projected to outscore him. Well, the TE I had in sucked and Witten did good. So this past week I put Witten in. He scored less than 2 points and the TE I took out outscored his projection.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  8. #53

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    I think we have to start thinking more regression to the mean. A player has a lousy Sunday? Don't drop him. He will probably bounce back. He scorched the league? Uhm, don't drop him but maybe bench him.
    I got super lucky yesterday. Trailing TAT by a bit over 20 points, we both had players in the DAL/ARI game. He had Witten, I had Fizgerald. I was tempted to change Fitzgerald for Nelson (available) but decided that Fitz was due for a good game after his last very poor outing.
    He had a monster game and as you say, Witten was nowhere to be seen, which allowed me to win. Just pure luck.

    As you say, projections are totally unreliable. I suppose one has to learn to avoid those experts.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  9. #54

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I think we have to start thinking more regression to the mean. A player has a lousy Sunday? Don't drop him. He will probably bounce back. He scorched the league? Uhm, don't drop him but maybe bench him.
    I got super lucky yesterday. Trailing TAT by a bit over 20 points, we both had players in the DAL/ARI game. He had Witten, I had Fizgerald. I was tempted to change Fitzgerald for Nelson (available) but decided that Fitz was due for a good game after his last very poor outing.
    He had a monster game and as you say, Witten was nowhere to be seen, which allowed me to win. Just pure luck.

    As you say, projections are totally unreliable. I suppose one has to learn to avoid those experts.
    Knew I was in trouble when Lynch and Pryor laid an egg Sunday night. If they would have done decently I may have won before last night
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

  10. #55

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Ok. Confused here. It seems TAT proposed me a trade, but I can't check if he really did or what the trade would be.
    Any help?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  11. #56

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Was the trade maybe cancelled?

  12. #57

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    I can't know that either. The only link that I get for the trade is VIEW TRADES and that only leads me to my team.
    I guess TAT and I will be poorer in our lousy teams

    On another note.
    Kirkus: who else are you going to pick as a running back? Because you have to notify that poor player. First Johnson, now Montgomery. Sorry for you, dude.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  13. #58
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

    Kirkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    37,743
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Well, I still have Kelley and Thompson on the bench - although they're both suffering rib injuries (something about my players and their ribs). Unfortunately they both play for Washington and will both be on a Bye next week. So, I don't know. I may have to suit up myself as I doubt I'll get any volunteers to come play for me.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

  14. #59

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    I started Brady the first week. Not that good a performance. So I switch to Rogers for the nest two weeks, and Brady tops 50 points those two weeks. So I switch back to Brady, going against the percolated defenses of Carolina and TB. He does not even break 30 points.
    This thing is the same as the SP's. You pick somebody, he dies in five sets. Your second option breezes 2, 2 & 1.
    Damn!
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  15. #60

    Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

    Don't you feel better though that you still would've lost if you had started him? For me, those are the ones that really burn.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •