Agree Agree:  30
Likes Likes:  95
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Game Center

And that is what makes it a crazy game.

I have a crappy one point loss this week, hate it when its that close. You know how they issue corrections well after a game is complete? I've been crossing my fingers hoping one of those comes through to give me the win over Arizona this week.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    So Bogota Raiders (assuming that's Ponchi) is 2-0 with the 9th highest combined total, where as fastback ss is 0-2 while having scored more than 60 points more.

JTContinental traded a QB with a bye for a QB with an injury - tough luck.
    Yes, that's me. I have basically been given two games for free. Arizona gave me the first match up when he did not trade Beckham out on the MNF game and therefore he got no points from him. Which allowed me to beat him by like half a field goal.
    Then JTC gave me the second game when he traded Andrew Luck for Stafford, and he sat down. Not only that: knowing he had Luck and had to trade, I offered him a trade of Alex Smith (mine) for Ezekiel Elliot (his). Had he accepted, and all other things being equal, he would have crushed me as Smith had a really good game and we saw what Elliot did at Denver.
    Moral: next time I offer somebody a trade, TAKE IT!!!!!! It will be good FOR YOU!!!!

edit: and now, Skating has added Smith to his roster. We are doomed with this guy!!!
    Last edited by ponchi101; 09-19-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    edit: and now, Skating has added Smith to his roster. We are doomed with this guy!!!
    I only had one QB and two injured RB's. (PS. we really should have this smiley here.)

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I offered him a trade of Alex Smith (mine) for Ezekiel Elliot (his). Had he accepted, and all other things being equal, he would have crushed me as Smith had a really good game and we saw what Elliot did at Denver.
    Moral: next time I offer somebody a trade, TAKE IT!!!!!! It will be good FOR YOU!!!!
    Had he accepted I would've made endless fun of him...Ezekiel Elliott would be a first round pick for sure now (assuming he plays all year) while in most one QB leagues, Alex Smith shouldn't have been drafted...although he has been great so far

In one of my leagues there was a stat correction changing matchup in week 1. One guy thought he had won by 0.2 points ... then Friday they took away one point from his QB and all of a sudden he had a loss.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

You're doing great so far Ponchi!!

::

I wish I didn't have to play skatingfan this week. I like being undefeated and was hoping it would last.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

There will be one undefeated player this week and one win-less one. At least.
    And I have said, I have been just lucky that my two matches were decided because my opponents did not replace players. very kind of them.
    Missing winter...

Yes, that's me. I have basically been given two games for free. Arizona gave me the first match up when he did not trade Beckham out on the MNF game and therefore he got no points from him. Which allowed me to beat him by like half a field goal.
    Then JTC gave me the second game when he traded Andrew Luck for Stafford, and he sat down. Not only that: knowing he had Luck and had to trade, I offered him a trade of Alex Smith (mine) for Ezekiel Elliot (his). Had he accepted, and all other things being equal, he would have crushed me as Smith had a really good game and we saw what Elliot did at Denver.

You offered me a trade? I'm so bad at this.

BTW: My Minnesota-based family assured me that Bradford was going to start, so they led me astray...
    Last edited by JTContinental; 09-19-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    In one of my leagues there was a stat correction changing matchup in week 1. One guy thought he had won by 0.2 points ... then Friday they took away one point from his QB and all of a sudden he had a loss.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Remote? Yes, but I've had it happen before and I think I need the cushion and I was so close, but suddenly Odell's "I'm missing 6-8 weeks broken ankle" wasn't so broken and he played last night and got a few points for them. They had no one else to sub in if he didn't start.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    You offered me a trade? I'm so bad at this.

BTW: My Minnesota-based family assured me that Bradford was going to start, so they led me astray...
    To be fair to your fam, no one knew that ahead of time. Everyone was fairly shocked and it became breaking news Sunday morning all of a sudden when they noticed him not taking any snaps.

As for the trade - I've missed those in other leagues. I don't always know that the system alerts you as well as they could and I don't think it's as obvious as it could be on the actual site. Granted, I don't know how it's done here, but I've had it happen twice on Yahoo and ESPN where I had no clue I missed a trade offer.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Remote? Yes, but I've had it happen before and I think I need the cushion and I was so close, but suddenly Odell's "I'm missing 6-8 weeks broken ankle" wasn't so broken and he played last night and got a few points for them. They had no one else to sub in if he didn't start.
    Having him on one of my teams (the 0-2 one of course) reading that scared me into thinking he was going to be now out 6-8 weeks. I never had heard he'd be out that long, but the week 1 inactive was not a surprise.

Bradford was questionable for the game and was only confirmed as OUT like one hour before. So unless you had your PC up and running and watching that page, no way you could have known.
    I have been going around the page set up for our league and it is quite interesting. For example, there is a COACH category. It simply calculates the points you got MINUS the points you would have gotten if you had played every single HIGHEST SCORING PLAYER BY POSITION. Guess who is comfortably sitting at ninth?
    Trades: If you click one player you want (look him up in the PLAYERS tab) and he is owned, there is a little button with two sideway arrows, meaning you can propose a trade. Then you have your entire team to choose which player to offer. But since JT never answered I don't know how to complete the trade.
    This FF thing is really for the unemployed. You can spend a lot of time going over and over information and then making the worst possible decision after all. More examples: first week, I chose Tom Brady as a starter. He laid and egg. Rogers played well. So this week I sat Brady and played Rogers. Rogers played well, but Brady was the highest scorer for the entire league (in play or not). So that got me a little award, the High Scoring Bench award. Which is a bomb.
    I mean, if I end the league at 2-8 it would still be a victory to me. The system calculated I would end 0-10.
    Missing winter...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

You still haven't traded one of them yet?

Waiting for somebody to make me an offer. I need a dependable RB, so if you know of anybody...
    Missing winter...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I'd go look and see who's had qb issues so far and make an offer.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast