Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: The Greatest Loser 2017: Loser's Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by texasniteowl View Post
    Well...I've just been having a look and if my numbers are right, I officially have no chance of moving up to medal position. That said...mysterx is having a very nice week so far. Don't know if mysterx can overtake waylandboy-tw, but it might be interesting!
    You are pretty much spot on with your analysis. I am having a very nice week, but waylandboy-tw is having almost as nice a week as me. I think wayland has clinched first, while I have managed to slide into second ahead of Omegadoom, You have moved into fifth, with a chance to catch Miles for 4th, depending on how the rest of the week plays out, but I don't think either you or Miles can move into the top 3..

My scoring is unofficial because my spreadsheet gives every contestant with players remaining the score for those players losing in the next round, which works great for contests where you are rooting for winners but overstates the scores in a loser tournament while the tournament is in progress. But we can safely lock in the points for the players who have already lost, which tells me that the scores I have right now will for the most part hold up.

WTHIGOW Verdasco? Of course I'm salty because last week he withdrew after the trade deadline so he screwed me out of points after I traded him onto my team. And now this week he is winning and just beat Thiem.

In every sport, there has to be a winner. We know that: even if they put 128 of us TATers in Wimbledon, one of us would have to win, and therefore would be Wimbledon champion.
    But the way we are, we might one of these days ALL LOSE. We will all be defeated. Kirkus will erroneously wipe clean the server, all our medals will be gone, our profiles extinct.
    We could do that. We are that bad
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Benneteau closing in on a QF too just to enrage everyone who had him or just added him (4-5 people did this week.)

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Benneteau closing in on a QF too just to enrage everyone who had him or just added him (4-5 people did this week.)
    Well, considering that none of my D players were actually playing, Benneteau is actually yielding points, however I did expect him to lose in R-1. Also, seeing how my other option (Krajinovic) is still alive as well, I would've been doomed anyways.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Benneteau just took the 1st set off Cilic in a tiebreak!

And won the 2nd 7-5.
    Last edited by texasniteowl; 11-03-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

So still has a chance to be as useful as no trade at all.

Even though I got him on my team I wish he wins the whole thing.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

At this point him losing tomorrow could only gain an additional 9 points so no reason not to cheer for him now!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234