Agree Agree:  18
Likes Likes:  27
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Re: ATP WTA GS USOpen 8/28-9/10 2017

Wu Yibing Boys Singles Champion
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Rafael Nadal Mens Singles Champion
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

As we finished this year's Suicide Pools I want to add something else.
    This is my tenth year of playing this maddening game. I have enjoyed it greatly. And although I know that all the people involved have been thanked many times, I would line to do it one more time. To Scotty, Shtexas, JTC, Tog (running YCWJ), Drop (and I am certain I am missing somebody), you bring a lot of fun and joy to all of us. Most incredible, you have never rigged these damn things to win a medal yourselves, something which I would have done after the second first day exit in a row. It shows how great you are. And I would like to add:

This year we gave Ti-Amie an Honorary Medal for services, much deserved and a small token of our appreciation. I believe that some consideration for such an honor should be bestowed on one of our dear members mentioned above. If not all.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    This is my tenth year of playing this maddening game. I have enjoyed it greatly. And although I know that all the people involved have been thanked many times, I would line to do it one more time. To Scotty, Shtexas, JTC, Tog (running YCWJ), Drop (and I am certain I am missing somebody), you bring a lot of fun and joy to all of us. Most incredible, you have never rigged these damn things to win a medal yourselves, something which I would have done after the second first day exit in a row. It shows how great you are. And I would like to add:

This year we gave Ti-Amie an Honorary Medal for services, much deserved and a small token of our appreciation. I believe that some consideration for such an honor should be bestowed on one of our dear members mentioned above. If not all.
    Here, here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I'll second that!
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Sloane Stephens on Central Park South NYC NY
    I think the Essex House is around 6th Avenue/Avenue of the Americas

Kamaji Yui Women's Wheelchair Champion

David Wagner won his sixth mens wheelchair title!

Kevin Anderson's wife Kelsey has tweeted this picture of her husband and some guy from back in the day.

2017 US OPEN FAST FACTS

Flushing, N.Y., September 12, 2017
    – The following will recap some of the highlights of the 2017 US Open:

American Players

Four American women reached the singles semifinals at the US Open for the first time since 1981.

First-time US Open champion Sloane Stephens, first-time US Open finalist Madison Keys and first-time US Open semifinalist CoCo Vandeweghe joined two-time US Open champion Venus Williams in the semifinals.

Eighty five American men and women competed in the US Open main draw and the US Open Qualifying Tournament – an increase of nearly 40 percent since 2013.

2017 also marked the first time there was an all-American women’s singles final and an all-American junior girls’ final since 1981. Sixteen-year old Amanda Anisimova defeated 13-year old Coco Gauff, who was the youngest-ever girls’ singles finalist at the US Open, in the title match.

David Wagner won his third US Open quad singles title, his eighth US Open quad doubles title and remained unbeaten in doubles at the US Open.

Attendance

Twenty of the 24 sessions comprising the US Open sold out.

Total attendance for the 2017 US Open was 691,143.

More than 100,000 fans visited the first-ever US Open Experience, a two-day recreation of the US Open during US Open Fan Week at the South Street Seaport Historic District in Manhattan.
    Social Media

From August 28 to September 10, US Open social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, posted 3.8k pieces of content that generated 18 million interactions and 92 million video views.

Across Twitter and Instagram, hashtag #usopen was the most engaged hashtag of the 2017 Grand Slam season, producing 38 billion impressions.

Record fan engagement on all social platforms resulted in unparalleled growth for every social channel. Overall interactions were up 625 percent and video views were up 556 percent.

Digital Platforms

For the third straight year, more than 10 million unique visitors engaged with US Open-owned-and-operated digital platforms – usopen.org and the US Open app, produced in partnership with US Open sponsor IBM – throughout the tournament.

Those fans consumed more content than ever: 46 million visits (plus-15 percent vs. 2016), and 366 million page views (plus-23 percent vs. 2016).

More than 63 percent of all page views came from outside the United States.

Mobile consumption continues to drive growth, as more than 73 percent of the total unique audience came via a mobile device.

Television

Saturday’s US Open Women’s Championship on ESPN earned a 1.9 overnight rating in the metered markets for the match portion of the three-hour telecast, 36 percent higher than last year’s women’s final and the highest overnight rating for the match in the three years ESPN has held exclusivity for the U.S.

The three components of streaming the match were also significantly higher than previous years.
    The total number of unique viewers was up 71 percent, the total minutes watched was up 15 percent and the average minute audience was up 38 percent to a new high for 2015-17.

ESPN’s Total Average Audience for US Open was up 11 percent after 11 Days.

The total average audience for ESPN’s exclusive coverage of the U.S. through Thursday, Sept. 7, was up 11 percent to 952,000 viewers on average, compared to 856,000 for the first 11 days of last year’s event. The increase includes a 50 percent rise in the audience for streaming.

# # #

The USTA is the national governing body for the sport of tennis in the U.S. and the leader in promoting and developing the growth of tennis at every level -- from local communities to the highest level of the professional game. A not-for-profit organization with more than 715,000 members, it invests 100% of its proceeds in growing the game. It owns and operates the US Open, the highest-attended annual sporting event in the world, and launched the US Open Series, linking seven summer WTA and ATP World Tour tournaments to the US Open. In addition, it owns approximately 90 Pro Circuit events throughout the U.S. and selects the teams for the Davis Cup, Fed Cup, Olympic and Paralympic Games. The USTA’s philanthropic entity, the USTA Foundation, provides grants and scholarships in addition to supporting tennis and education programs nationwide to benefit under-resourced youth through the National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) network. For more information about the USTA, go to USTA.com or follow the official accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.

I know it is worth $750,000, but I have a hard time with Rafa's watch. Looks totally Mickey Mouse.
    Starry starry night

I know it is worth $750,000, but I have a hard time with Rafa's watch. Looks totally Mickey Mouse.
    I like the new hair he's sporting these days. Fuller darker...
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910