Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    We have 9 teams? Don't we need an even number?
    We have 10 teams now, so we're good for H2H.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Kirkus
    JazzNu
    JTContinental
    fastbackss
    omess
    skatingfan
    ponchi101
    Jeff in TX
    patrick
    Togtdyalttai
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I screwed up and didn't have Live draft selected. I didn't see it in time. The draft will happen one hour later at 9:30pm EDT. I'm so sorry.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'll be removing the link to our FF forum that is currently in the news area at the top. You can find this forum on the main forum's page under Other Contests. It's the first sub-forum listed.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

For our new FF players, it's important that you check your team before game time to make sure your players are active. Inactive players aren't going to score you any points.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

There's still time to make substitutions before the weekend games! Be sure to check the status of your players.

Shhh! I don't want JT to see that his QB is out and he has to... damn, he upgraded. Now I am lost...
    Missing winter...

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I don't want to be a hard ass but I have to ask players to either stay up on the league or drop out and let me find someone who will.

As in: Kirkus won his game, by a whopping 50 points. Until you consider that his opponent did not trade for his main RB (IA), and still has two IR players, in quality positions (WR and TE), as playing.
    Or:
    Omess, please trade me Ron Grontkowski or whatever his name is! You have two slots unfilled. You were not going to beat Wildcats because she should change her name to WildSaberToothTiger, but still, scare her a little bit.
    And my favorite, non rant: Congrats to TAT Entertainers as you put a scare on Skating, but still did not beat him. Which gives me a chance to do so this week as he is bound to lay an egg sooner or... who am I kidding? I still don't want to play him.
    Damn!!
    Missing winter...

My rant has to do with nfl.com. It works awfully on my phone, and every time I log on to make a change it spins my cpu to levels it has never seen before and I essentially have to shut it off after because I am afraid of it burning itself up.

Yeah nfl.com would not have been in my top 3-4 choices for fantasy based on the site itself.

What other sites are there? I know Yahoo has FF, but are there others? Maybe for next year?

And since I am asking questions: what it "to Stream"? I figured out FLEX, but stream still has me puzzled.
    Last edited by ponchi101; 10-23-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    Missing winter...

Yahoo is the site I use the most, also in a football league on ESPN and it's fine as well.

Streaming is plugging in new players in a position...usually frequently. For example, you could stream the Team Defense slot by adding a team playing a bad offense each week. You could stream QB by playing a QB against a bad pass defense each week.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

We can definitely look at using a different site next season. I only went with NFL.com because it's the only place I've ever played so I'm familiar with it.

I also think their phone app is lacking. But I'm still old school and do most of my internet related stuff on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    And my favorite, non rant: Congrats to TAT Entertainers as you put a scare on Skating, but still did not beat him. Which gives me a chance to do so this week as he is bound to lay an egg sooner or... who am I kidding? I still don't want to play him.
    Damn!!
    I haven't actually won yet, but thank-you. Patrick still has a chance as he leads me by 4 points and we each have a player left for this evenings game.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    My rant has to do with nfl.com. It works awfully on my phone, and every time I log on to make a change it spins my cpu to levels it has never seen before and I essentially have to shut it off after because I am afraid of it burning itself up.
    The amount of information built into the game centre and some of the other features is constantly crashing and it doesn't seem to matter whether I access it on my phone or my laptop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast