Agree Agree:  6
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2017/2018 TATFF Ask Questions Here

Except sometimes you have to wonder how much an injured player is actually going to play - they may be dressed but only play sparingly.

And 90 minutes is a pretty optimistic number - I find I'm still finding out some statuses 30 minutes from game time.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Except sometimes you have to wonder how much an injured player is actually going to play - they may be dressed but only play sparingly.

And 90 minutes is a pretty optimistic number - I find I'm still finding out some statuses 30 minutes from game time.
    90 minutes is the NFL required rule so it's definitely out there. Sometimes the information becomes available online a bit later but at like 11:45 instead of 11:30. But shouldn't be 30 minutes before game time. Which sites do you check?

But you definitely have to make a call on how much they are going to play and if you want to use them. That's part of the fun. Risk it and get a high reward or risk it and get a massive bust or play it safe and breathe a sigh of relief or realize you should've taken a chance. I've done all of the above many, many times with varying results.

Usually I check nfl.com but I think fantasy news sites seem to be quicker often. Will see in week 1!

They are. I'm partial to CBS but they've changed their fantasy section so much in the last few years, it's not as good as it used to be so I supplement that more and more. But the fantasy sites IMO are a bit quicker than NFL for sure because it's what drives their business, though NFL Network always has an injury report focusing on bigger names coming back from the first commercial break after 11:30. Adam Schefter's Twitter is also good to check if memory serves.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 09-03-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Will we be playing PlayOff Challenge? Anybody up for it?
    Missing winter...

I would play, even though the last time I played I thought the scoring format was the direct work of the devil.

What's playoff challenge?

Yeah I'd be in for that if we do it.

It's not real explicit in there, but you end up changing your roster (potentially) 4 times - one for each round.

The decision to make is whether to get points now - or (potentially) later.

Example - do you take Julio Jones and get points in the wild card round - or- carry Brandin Cooks from the Patriots. You get no points in the first round, but get double in the second round. If you take Jones, and Atlanta loses, and then switch to Cooks - you do not get a multiplier.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I don't fully understand it, but if you need everyone from our league in order to do it, I'll do my part.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

I'm in. And besides, if we ALL are confused about it, the better. That makes for an even plane
    Missing winter...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123