Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

TAT Fantasy Football this season?

I know we had talked about doing this last year, but it didn't happen. So maybe this year?

Who is interested in playing in a TAT NFL Fantasy Football league this season? I'll manage the league, but will ask for patience as I've never managed one before (but I'm a pretty smart cookie so I don't think there will be a problem). I'm not sure what the participant limit is but I think it's somewhere around 10 or 12 people.

A few rules that I can think of up front:

This will be for fun only! That bares repeating: This will be for fun only!

If you're a hard core fantasy football player and your weekend happiness depends on how well your team did, this might not be a good league for you... if there are conflicts and people can't work them out quickly and in a friendly manner, they might be kicked out and won't be asked back (I don't want any drama). If someone makes a mistake, including your league manager ( ), and messes something up, I'll expect complete forgiveness and for anyone involved to let it go and move along (again with the no drama thing).

I don't expect any major issues, and I'll do my homework, but I just want it known upfront that, at least this first season, the league will be super layback and friendly. (If you've never played fantasy football this might be a good league for you.)

Also, and this is especially important, if you have questions or don't understand something, you'll probably have to find the answer yourself as, again, I've never managed a league before.

In addition, you have to commit to playing each and every week. We don't want a team that's an automatic win for its opponent because the owner doesn't play.

If we do this, we'll do it at through the nfl website: http://fantasy.nfl.com/ there are plenty of answers and help there.

I'm not taking players yet, just trying to get a feel for how many might want to play. If you do, let me know in this thread. If we have more than is allowed we'll have to figure something out.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: TAT Fantasy Football this season?

I'm in. I've said before I would be in if we do one and that still holds now. I haven't managed a FF league before, but play fantasy every year with friends and family, so I know plenty and can try to answer questions if necessary for those who are newer to it.

Leagues can be a variety of sizes, I've done as little as 8 and as many as 20. The 20 was a bit crazy and I wouldn't recommend since there was a feeding frenzy on the free agents, but it still worked, it just was more difficult. There are leagues with 8 regularly, the 10 and 12 just tends to be a bit more common.

FWIW, NFL's fantasy site is a nice one with graphics a plenty so it's a good one for beginners in many ways along with working for everyone else.

I've not done FF before, but this seems like a good low stakes way to introduce myself to it. I'm in if you decide to run it.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Yeah, I play in a family/friends league every year too. My nephew runs it. I look forward to it every year! We play it on NFL's fantasy site which is why I'm going with it. We usually have 8 or 10 players. I would think 10 would be a good number and maybe no more than 12. I just looked and there is a limit of 20, which, imo, is way too many.

BTW, I didn't mean to sound so harsh in my initial post (I just reread it and thought, "Damn, Kirk. You sound like a real ass****.")
    Of course if someone has a question I'll do my best to answer it (or JazzNu or anyone else who knows the answer). I really want to do this but I'm nervous about managing it. I don't want to make any major mistakes and mess things up.

I typically only do "pick the winners" type leagues but I would be in if there was a need to round out the group.

Have you given consideration to a website? I saw nfl.com mentioned - I also don't mind yahoo. Not sure if I would do it if it were cbssports...

I have never been able to understand Fantasy Anything...
    Starry starry night

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Unfortunately we didn't get enough interest. Maybe we can try again next season.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

I will be in (just seeing the thread)

I would also be in if you need more people. I don't a thing about fantasy football - where's the fantasy skating completion- but I'm willing to learn. I just Didn't want to take a spot from someone else.
    We All Play for Canada

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Cool! We can go with 6 players!

There's still room for a couple more people if anyone else wants to play. I'll keep it open through Friday of this week before finalizing the league.

As of now we have:

Kirkus
    JazzNU
    JTContinental
    Fastbacks
    Omess
    skatingfan

I'll get a TATFF thread online with some info. The first order of business will be setting up a draft time. (It'll be necessary for all of us to get together at the same time to draft our teams.)

Yippee! I'm excited! More info coming.

I would join if somebody points me in the direction of HOW to play a fantasy league. It has always been a mystery to me.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I would join if somebody points me in the direction of HOW to play a fantasy league. It has always been a mystery to me.
    I can help with this once we have the league rules (scoring method) confirmed.

Kirkus, are you using the standard scoring?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    I can help with this once we have the league rules (scoring method) confirmed.

Kirkus, are you using the standard scoring?
    Pretty much. This first year I'm copying my nephew's league since I'm a rookie league manager.

I'll start the thread right now and post some info including scoring.

This will be a perfect league for those who are unfamiliar with fantasy football and want to learn.

::

BTW, an odd number of players won't be a problem as I have someone who would play to make it even.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

(It'll be about an 1.5 hours before I can get that done. I just realized it's my lunch time and I have to run some errands for work.)

::

I'll have to send each of our players an invitation to join the league. Please PM me your email address, or email it to me at kirkus(@)talkabouttennis.com

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

UPDATE:

As of now we have:

Kirkus
    JazzNU
    JTContinental
    Fastbacks
    Omess