Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Problems viewing photos on mobile

Why is it that on a mobile (Android) I see only the left half of all pictures posted on TAT? Anyone else with a same issue?
    Roger forever

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: ATP M500 WTA Intl Washington DC 7/31-8/6 2017

Same for me... on my Android/Chrome I'm only getting the left half of pictures. Also, I don't seem to be getting mobile version of page today (regardless of whether or not request desktop site is checked or unchecked.)

Same issue with Apple. But if you hold your finger down on the picture, you can see the whole thing -- at least on iOS.
    Towel avatar power, do your thing!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Correspondent Kiu View Post
    I guess you need a real computer screen to see them fully. I just linked them here, they are uploaded on a different site.
    It's really difficult to upload pix on TAT, I use the lowest JPG setting on my camera but the board says it's still too big, don't have much time for re-sizing pictures.
    Unfortunately, since the photos you'd upload are hosted on our server, the size has to be kept low to both avoid slowing down the server and storage limits. Given that Kirkus supports TAT mostly from his own pockets, we can all live with the limitations, I hope

Flagging the mobile site issues to him. I generally just use the 'full site' mode on my Android and zoom in/out and haven't had any issues.

About photos:

1) If I post any of my own pictures I always use a web based hosting service and then post a link here. Obviously TAT is not going to be able to store hundreds of GB's of our data

2) I should have said that I use a full version on my phone and I see only the left half. Haven't tried a mobile version for a long time. No problems on laptop. Mile's suggestion also works
    Roger forever

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Problems viewing photos on mobile

I'll look into this.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Problems viewing photos on mobile

The reason for the "cut off" photos on mobile devices is that the right side of the browser window is being used by the RPBs -- The RPBs are in their own column.

If you scroll up to the top of the RPBs and tap this icon: the RPB column will collapse and you'll be able to see the full photos.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page on your mobile device and select "Default Mobile Style" under the drop down at the bottom left where you select different color themes, you get TAT's default Mobile site, which is much more forgiving on mobile devices.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Thanks, I forgot where that setting was. Can see the whole pics on my phone now.

I'll put up a picture, to have it examined, this picture is hosted by another site.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I will say that the "Default Mobile Style" option, in my opinion, is the best solution. It does away with parts of the pages that aren't easily viewed on smaller mobile devices and the style itself is easier to navigate.

I know some of our members use the mobile app, Tapatalk. This is an app that allows you to view vBulletin forums inside an actual application rather than your web browser.

Solutions are easy after you know them. Thanks, kirkus.
    Roger forever