Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: 2017 The Hard Road to New York: Red, White and Blue Loun

And Kerber is going to help officially clinch me last place now

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

My C group is my only group with more than one person left after round one. Y'all are lucky this isn't secretly perfect loser.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Y'all are lucky this isn't secretly perfect loser.
    Dude, I pretty much feel that way during most of these.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

A couple participants have 3 of the 6 remaining US Open players. A couple others have 4 of 6

Especially impressive since Sloane and Kanepi literally were not options. Good trades, guys.
    Last edited by munchin; 09-05-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Message to self: trust your team. If you keep changing your players because they lost once, or won once, you will always overcorrect.
    Like, for example, changing Pliskova for Garbie for Pliskoba for Garbie. That was brilliant.
    Starry starry night

Whoo-hoo! I'm one of those with 4 left so far. Pliskova, Venus, Keys, Vandeweghe. Now, Pliskova and Coco will take me down to 3 for sure...and Keys still has to beat Kanepi...but I could end up with 3 out of 4 in the semi's! Considering how far back I was, I don't expect much, but at least it's a better showing than I had during Toronto/Cinci/New Haven!

Edit: I'm 207 points behind mysterx.
    Last edited by texasniteowl; 09-05-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    A couple participants have 3 of the 6 remaining US Open players. A couple others have 4 of 6

Especially impressive since Sloane and Kanepi literally were not options. Good trades, guys.
    Hmmm, would one of those with 4 of 6 happen to be the contest manager, who may have already clinched the gold medal? (Seriously, good job)

texasniteowl, your best bet is for V to win. That may be enough to get you second. The other players are held by too many of the other contestants to do you much good.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterX View Post
    (Seriously, good job)
    Seconded. Especially having Brady on your D roster. I don't think anyone else went for that.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Hmmm, would one of those with 4 of 6 happen to be the contest manager, who may have already clinched the gold medal? (Seriously, good job)

texasniteowl, your best bet is for V to win. That may be enough to get you second. The other players are held by too many of the other contestants to do you much good.
    Well, shit, there go my attempts at modesty.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

I think you are right. Aside from a certain contest manager...only 2 other people besides me had Venus (as far as I saw!). And I think I've already outscored them. But I do need V to win. A loss in the final won't get me enough points.

Oh well...at least I'm ending THRHY on an up note!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123