Agree Agree:  1,181
Likes Likes:  1,481
Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 28178228253268274275276277278
Results 4,156 to 4,169 of 4169

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Christopher Clarey @christophclarey
    Strange to see. The French Open's Chatrier Court with a roof after nearly 100 years

All 4 Slams now have main-court retractable roofs
    Getty

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

I just can hear Rafa already complaining about "the roof was closed and the conditions changed". Which he will be right.
    But I guess this was needed.
    Now, as in W, watch for the roof not to be used for the first three years...
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

My first thought was of how this would affect Rafa. Chatrier is a huge court but the roof covers a good part of it.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I just can hear Rafa already complaining about "the roof was closed and the conditions changed". Which he will be right.
    But I guess this was needed.
    Now, as in W, watch for the roof not to be used for the first three years...
    They are going to have night matches so the roof will be used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Osaka highest paid female player ever

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...rena-williams/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAY 22, 2020 / 9:46 PM / UPDATED 12 HOURS AGO
    U.S. to exempt foreign athletes from coronavirus-related entry bans

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will exempt some foreign athletes who compete in professional sporting events in the United States from entry bans imposed because of the novel coronavirus epidemic, acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said on Friday.

“In today’s environment, Americans need their sports. It’s time to reopen the economy and it’s time we get our professional athletes back to work,” Wolf said in a statement issued by the department announcing he had signed an order for the exemption.

President Donald Trump’s administration is pushing to reopen the U.S. economy after drastic measures to combat the pandemic this year put tens of millions of people out of work.

Major U.S. professional sports were shut down as part of the effort to tackle COVID-19, the respiratory disease cause by the coronavirus which has killed more than 94,000 people and infected 1.57 million in the United States.

In its response to the epidemic, the Trump administration has also imposed bans on entry of travelers from China, where the epidemic started, as well as Iran and much of Europe.

Besides the athletes, the exemption applies to the sporting leagues’ essential staff, spouses and dependents, the statement said.

The sports covered by the exemption include Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, the Professional Golfers’ Association Tour, the Ladies Professional Golf Association Tour, the National Hockey League, the Association of Tennis Professionals, and the Women’s Tennis Association.

Reporting by Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Leslie Adler and Lincoln Feast.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22Z03D

That certainly increases the chances that they try to make the US Open happen.

I've watched a fair amount of the 4-woman round-robin from Florida the last couple of days. I've really enjoyed it because it was "live" tennis (I never watch anything actually "live", but I watched these the same day). Anyway, the quality of play could best be described as good but streaky. There were some wonderful points, but also some not-so-good moments. And it was quite common to have wide swings of momentum.

The last round-robin match has a 3rd set to play. That starts at noon (ET) to be followed by the 3rd place match, which will then be followed by the championship match. For the championship, Riske is waiting for the winner of Danielle Collins and Ajla Tomljanovic. Amanda Anisimova will play in the 3rd place match against the loser.

GH

Tumaini Carayol
    @tumcarayol·3h
    ATP no.27 Nikoloz Basilashvili has been arrested in Georgia on charges of assaulting his ex wife on May 21st in the presence of their child. He has been released on bail and denies the charge, which carries a maximum term of 3 years.

LaWanda
    @lawanda50 ·2h
    I ran the articles @AnnaK_4ever sent regarding Nikoloz Basilashvili through translate to English.

keti Dizzy symbol
    @garbaemuguruza

So, Nika has been arrested earlier cause her now ex wife accused him and his father of violently assaulting her

It happened on 21st of this month, court being held earlier today. He's not admitting to the accusations (and his dad was given a restraining order against his ex daughter in law)

alright, here's tea from a journalist: she claims that Nika and her(sic) wife Neli (Neka), have been split up for a good amount of time now and there's always been domestic violence involved with them behind the closed doors which wasn't a big secret at all to her or people around

she claims that ever since they officially divorced, they made a contract in which he had to pay her 100 000 Georgian lari each month

He was also allowed to see his son ONLY with a social worker around

Neka had to keep things about the contract as a secret by law, which also lead to her being quiet about domestic abuse over the years.

The journalist claims that earlier this month, she asked him to pay 300K instead of 100K which is what lead to a current conflict

On May 21st, Nika had his son in his house (WITHOUT the social worker around) and exactly in a hour his ex wife pulled up and that's when a fight broke out. After this she called the police and Nika was arrested

His*** wife sry

It is probably lost in the translation, but it sounds to me that in Georgia you can beat your wife as long as the kids are not around.
    Sounds kind of fishy (the story, not the law).
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

The original stories in Georgian are on Twitter. I don't know if anyone can do more that LaWanda did and run them through a translation app. Of course, someone here probably does read Georgian...

100k Georgian lari is about $31,000. He was paying that to her every month? And then it was supposed to triple? I don't know what he's worth, but I don't think it's that much.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    It is probably lost in the translation, but it sounds to me that in Georgia you can beat your wife as long as the kids are not around.
    Sounds kind of fishy (the story, not the law).
    Yeah, that was weird. I'm hoping they have at least two laws: One, a law stating you can't beat a woman, and two, another where it's a more serious charge if you beat a woman in front of children.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 28178228253268274275276277278