Agree Agree:  1,062
Likes Likes:  1,364
Page 248 of 250 FirstFirst ... 148198223238244245246247248249250 LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 3747
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

I don’t know how to post such things on here, but if anyone can find it online, the BBC morning news today had a great little interview with the 8 guys from the WTF, all sat round the table on a boat having breakfast! Sally was asking the big 3 about the friendship with each other, how long they reckon they will for, has anyone got any married life advice for Rafa etc. Cute

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    I don’t know how to post such things on here, but if anyone can find it online, the BBC morning news today had a great little interview with the 8 guys from the WTF, all sat round the table on a boat having breakfast! Sally was asking the big 3 about the friendship with each other, how long they reckon they will for, has anyone got any married life advice for Rafa etc. Cute
    I'll post what I find in the WTF thread.

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    So cute. There are some clips on the BBC Breakfast twitter page.
    https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/sta...10593968295937

And here's a bootleg on Youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcC5V5pYKU0
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I'm decluttering my studio room, and just came across a pile of scorecards from 2014 Cincy. The biggest upset when I was there (the early rounds) was Svitolina d. Kvitova (the tournament ended up using one of my pics). I don't think I saw Beck d. Muguruza. I binned Ginepri d. Thiem before thinking of sharing these. Pavs was a ton of fun to watch.

Svitolina d. Kvitova

Pavlyunchenkova/Safarova d. Hingis/Pennetta

Beck d. Muguruza

RBA d. Monfils

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    I'm decluttering my studio room, and just came across a pile of scorecards from 2014 Cincy. The biggest upset when I was there (the early rounds) was Svitolina d. Kvitova (the tournament ended up using one of my pics). I don't think I saw Beck d. Muguruza. I binned Ginepri d. Thiem before thinking of sharing these. Pavs was a ton of fun to watch.

Svitolina d. Kvitova
    You made these as a spectator? Or were you volunteering?

I was covering the tournament for Tennis Buzz. I didn't do these scorecards -- they were provided to media.

Annika Beck. Completely forgot about her

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    I was covering the tournament for Tennis Buzz. I didn't do these scorecards -- they were provided to media.
    Oh right. That’s why they look familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/...928333824?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominika Cibulkova is retiring

Message she posted on IG:

Today, with mixed feelings, I have special news to share with you all. As you know I haven’t been playing tournaments for several months. What started as a recurring Achilles injury, developed into one of the most difficult moments in my life – deciding on what to do with my tennis career. After a lot of thinking, talks, and support from my family, friends, and my team, I have finally decided that I will not be returning to the courts as a competitive player. It is a moment filled with so many feelings - saddness, fear of the unknown, but also excitement of what life will bring in the future. I was one of the luckiest kids to stumble upon the road of a tennis player thanks to my wonderful parents and I will be forever grateful for their unconditional support. They did everything possible to keep me moving forward no matter how big the obstacles that stood in the way. I was also very fortunate to have a whole « village » of wonderful people around me who helped shape my career and help me achieve goals and dreams that children dream about. I am chosing today as the day I announce my retirement from tennis because this is also a day on which my biography is being launched with all of the details about my career. Writing the book was a journey on its own because it also brought lots of emotions and took a significant effort to open up about my personal life. I am honored to share this special book with all my fans. I am looking forward to step into the next part of my life and take on new challenges, spend happy times with my family, friends, making new friends, visiting new places, and making new memories. I will miss the support of my fans on the tennis court but will never forget you because tennis will always be a part of me. Pomeeee New chapter begins now…. ❤️
    1h

I saw a picture of her with a PT getting treatment on her achilles. That injury never really goes away and is very, very painful if you don't stay on top of it. (speaking from experience here).
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

On the other hand, she posted a shot of herself wearing 18" tall stilettos for breakfast. Can't be good for your Achilles (unless HE likes you in real high stilettos, which then can make for a fun breakfast, but I digress...)
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    On the other hand, she posted a shot of herself wearing 18" tall stilettos for breakfast. Can't be good for your Achilles (unless HE likes you in real high stilettos, which then can make for a fun breakfast, but I digress...)
    She wasn't wearing high heels for breakfast, that's a joke the other thread is making. She's on her way to her book launch.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 11-12-2019 at 04:09 PM.

And that was a joke I WAS making
    Missing winter...

Berdych is also retiring apparently.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 248 of 250 FirstFirst ... 148198223238244245246247248249250 LastLast