Agree Agree:  876
Likes Likes:  1,123
Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 117167192207213214215216217
Results 3,241 to 3,253 of 3253

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

I will own that skeleton one once it's available to us plebs.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I don't mind this at all, except the floral pattern slated for Serena. Couch upholstery never looks good on women

I love the floral for Serena. I'm hoping she looks downright matronly as the print suggests she might. And I hope it gets zero coverage. A nice screw you to the French Tennis Fed Pres. Here's to the lower ratings as no one is tuning in just to see her outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I love the floral for Serena. I'm hoping she looks downright matronly as the print suggests she might. And I hope it gets zero coverage. A nice screw you to the French Tennis Fed Pres. Here's to the lower ratings as no one is tuning in just to see her outfit!
    Haha. I think the cut is great for her, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Since Qualifying has started, there's a good look at the Nike designs already. If you don't know the details (bees, skeletons), I think Nike looks mostly okay from a distance, still not a fan of the floral and think that's a hard sell as looking universally good on most. Also, doubtful anything will come of it sine I don't think it's illegal to copy though it can mar your general reputation, but the bee design Nike is using is apparently a complete rip off of Gucci.

The mockup I saw of Simona? I hope she looks like Fanny Stollar in this first pic instead of what I saw, mixing the two prints, which really didn't work.

And my opinion extends to the women and the women only thus far. Not a ton of photos of the guys that I've seen yet and none are high quality. Could be wrong since plenty of you guys seem to like them, but what I have seen is less than impressive, makes me think that Nike should be ready to get panned for these busy looks a la Adidas zebra print from a couple of years ago.

Since Qualifying has started, there's a good look at the Nike designs already. If you don't know the details (bees, skeletons), I think Nike looks mostly okay from a distance, still not a fan of the floral and think that's a hard sell as looking universally good on most. Also, doubtful anything will come of it sine I don't think it's illegal to copy though it can mar your general reputation, but the bee design Nike is using is apparently a complete rip off of Gucci.

The mockup I saw of Simona? I hope she looks like Fanny Stollar in this first pic instead of what I saw, mixing the two prints, which really didn't work.

My only complaint is that the floral can look dreary. It will help if the sun is out and the sky is blue.

Sincerely, they look like pajamas to me.
    Next thing you know Nike will ask Disney to use Winnie The Pooh in their designs. Eeyore for some players.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    My only complaint is that the floral can look dreary. It will help if the sun is out and the sky is blue.
    I hope so, that just seems so unlikely if the pattern doesn't turn sharply. The weather in Western Europe lately is looking rather dreary and cold, isn't it? I'm trying to remember the last time this many players were in long sleeve shirts, jackets, and leggings this often heading into RG. Hopefully the weather is going to turn starting this weekend.

I think who was chosen to model the men's kits had a lot to do with whether you liked it on a man or not.

#justsaying
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I hope so, that just seems so unlikely if the pattern doesn't turn sharply. The weather in Western Europe lately is looking rather dreary and cold, isn't it? I'm trying to remember the last time this many players were in long sleeve shirts, jackets, and leggings this often heading into RG. Hopefully the weather is going to turn starting this weekend.
    2016 was extremely cold and rainy. (The year of the zebra-striped outfits.) Lots of sessions rained out the first week. Roger didn't play partly because he was struggling with his back and the weather would have hampered him.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 05-22-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    2016 was extremely cold and rainy. (The year of the zebra-striped outfits.) Lots of sessions rained out the first week. Roger didn't play partly because he was struggling with his back and the weather would have hampered him.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean RG weather. I meant the clay court season as a whole. I do recall cool RGs where they have battled with difficult conditions of cooler temps and rain. But it has seemed incredibly cold for this time of year at the tournaments the last month or so. Every single tournament I've seen multiple players in long sleeves and leggings and in a few cases, it was almost all of them. In some cases, I know that's for sure true, like the one in Munich when it was almost freezing with wind and low 40 degree weather. I hope it starts to warm up. I do think it can affect play.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean RG weather. I meant the clay court season as a whole. I do recall cool RGs where they have battled with difficult conditions of cooler temps and rain. But it has seemed incredibly cold for this time of year at the tournaments the last month or so. Every single tournament I've seen multiple players in long sleeves and leggings and in a few cases, it was almost all of them. In some cases, I know that's for sure true, like the one in Munich when it was almost freezing with wind and low 40 degree weather. I hope it starts to warm up. I do think it can affect play.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, conditions will come into play.

Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 117167192207213214215216217