Agree Agree:  943
Likes Likes:  1,239
Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181206221227228229230231
Results 3,451 to 3,452 of 3452

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Funny, I had looked at that acceptance list recently, but just skimmed it. So yes, I'm curious how tournaments fill out the acceptance list beyond the people with tour or ITF rankings. Haven't yet figured it out by asking around and googling.
    The rules on the page posted before says that it is drawn randomly. So they've filed the paperwork and paid the fee to enter. Those who didn't enter are only given the chance after that. But if you look on the link I supplied, scroll down so you can see past the first sections. You want to see the alternates, those trying to get into the qualifying draw, you will see people with national ranks but nothing else and those who are unranked, both groups have players from other countries.

That one isn't far from you (it's in Evansville), so enter next year and see the entire process up close and personal if you're really interested. Or go next week and ask around if you have time to attend.

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    The rules on the page posted before says that it is drawn randomly. So they've filed the paperwork and paid the fee to enter. Those who didn't enter are only given the chance after that. But if you look on the link I supplied, scroll down so you can see past the first sections. You want to see the alternates, those trying to get into the qualifying draw, you will see people with national ranks but nothing else and those who are unranked, both groups have players from other countries.

That one isn't far from you (it's in Evansville), so enter next year and see the entire process up close and personal if you're really interested. Or go next week and ask around if you have time to attend.
    Haha! I'm not doing the Charlie thing and trying to enter one. Just want to figure it out. I looked up the tournament originally to see if it was worth attending, though.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181206221227228229230231