Agree Agree:  1,300
Likes Likes:  1,653
Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 55205255280295301302303304305
Results 4,561 to 4,566 of 4566

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

It's a longshot, but the mathematical possibility of him losing it exists.

With a moderate showing at Vienna (I think) he's good.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Isn't his goal already accomplished? I though he had secured the #1 position for the season already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    It's a longshot, but the mathematical possibility of him losing it exists.

With a moderate showing at Vienna (I think) he's good.
    Djokovic is ahead of Nadal 2090 points in the year end race (it's slightly different then the normal rankings because 2019 WTF does come off).

If Djokovic doesn't earn any more points, going 0-3 at the WTF, then Nadal would need a Paris title and 4-1 WTF title, or a Paris RU and 5-0 WTF.

If Nadal got both a Paris title and 5-0 WTF, Djokovic could go 2-1 at the WTF, lose in the semis, and lose the #1 ranking by 10 points.

Since Nadal has never won either title, and expressed doubts about even playing the WTF (because of early quarantining rules for Australia), Djokovic 99% already has it.

I really think he's just trying to build up extra padding to guarantee beating the all time #1 weeks record by March.

There's a solid source saying the ATP is going to extend the "no one loses points" rule to when the tour shut down in March, meaning Djokovic can't possibly lose any points at the AO. If that's true, Nadal would probably need a RU/W or W/RU at the WTF and Australian Open in order to have any shot at stopping him. So that's basically a done deal too.

JULIA GÖRGES

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Dear Tennis,

I am writing to you, because I am ready to say “Goodbye”. When I started playing tennis at the age of 5, I would never have thought that we would go such a long way together.

You have given me so many different types of emotions throughout our journey and I am very thankful for everything you have shown and taught me. I learnt how to deal with the toughest losses but also enjoy the most amazing wins of my career, to fight back many times when I was struggling with you and through it all we never lost sight of our dreams.

I always knew how I would feel when it is time to say goodbye to you, and that moment has arrived. I am ready to close the tennis chapter of my life and open a new one, which I am really excited about.

Thank you for everything you have given me. You will stay forever in my heart ❤

Yours,
    Jules

P.S. Huge thank you to my family, friends, team, sponsors and fans for supporting and believing in me always, I couldn’t have done it without you.

https://twitter.com/juliagoerges/sta...30542117736450
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CGnCBLJgcOo/
    https://www.julia-goerges.com/en/home/

I'll post this here.
    I went to play yesterday and noticed that one of the kids at the courts was wearing a pair of Adidas Rod Laver's. Now, I have not seen one of those in a long time. I asked him and yes, that is what they were. So I commented that I had a pair over 30 years ago, and how on those days, you could only get (from Adidas) the Rod Lavers or the Stan Smiths. We spoke a little about the first Reeboks, how Nike was not called that at the beginning, etc. Actually, I did the talking as this kid is too young to know any of this.
    So, I tell him some stories, and he replies: "So, Mr P is a CLASSIC!"
    It cracked me up. Yep, I am not old, I am a CLASSIC.
    I will take consolation in that I can still beat him.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

October 22, 2020 Rafa Nadal, Roger Federer, Tennis News
    ‘We spread rumours of Rafael Nadal doping’ because he was too good, says French star

Gilles Simon believes doping rumours were spread about Rafael Nadal as many were uncomfortable with the idea he could simply be better than Roger Federer.

There were allegations of a connection between Nadal and Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor who was ultimately jailed for his part in a Spanish cycle doping scandal.

No evidence has ever been produced linking Fuentes to Nadal, though, who has always very successfully denied any rumours to the contrary.

However, Simon believes the rumours only existed to discredit opinions that Nadal could actually be a better tennis players than Federer rather than just a better athlete.

“It is difficult to conceive [for some] that, in terms of game, Rafael Nadal could be better than Roger Federer,” Gilles Simon wrote in his new autobiography This Sport That Makes You Crazy

“We even spread rumours of doping on his account.

“Nadal does not fit into the framework. Moreover, I emphasize here that we never talk about the physique of Federer, who has little to envy that of Nadal.

“That he went five sets at 35 like what he did in Australia in 2017, it’s extraordinary. But no one noted this point.”

https://tennishead.net/we-spread-rum...s-french-star/
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I'll post this here.
    I went to play yesterday and noticed that one of the kids at the courts was wearing a pair of Adidas Rod Laver's. Now, I have not seen one of those in a long time. I asked him and yes, that is what they were. So I commented that I had a pair over 30 years ago, and how on those days, you could only get (from Adidas) the Rod Lavers or the Stan Smiths. We spoke a little about the first Reeboks, how Nike was not called that at the beginning, etc. Actually, I did the talking as this kid is too young to know any of this.
    So, I tell him some stories, and he replies: "So, Mr P is a CLASSIC!"
    It cracked me up. Yep, I am not old, I am a CLASSIC.
    I will take consolation in that I can still beat him.
    You should have told the kid that Laver was a committed baseliner before you taught him how to serve and volley.

When the kid starts beating you, he wont call you 'classic' anymore - he'll call you 'old'.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 55205255280295301302303304305