Agree Agree:  1,342
Likes Likes:  1,708
Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 64214264289304310311312313314
Results 4,696 to 4,709 of 4709

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Matthew Willis @MattRacquet
    Always find this interesting, if very macro.

Google traffic for some of the biggest tennis players in recent years. Federer and Nadal side by side (as far as avg search traffic) at top, Serena and Djokovic searched about half as much as them, & Osaka just starting to spike

For context, if you add Messi, suddenly the tennis players aren't so relevant, if still hugely searched for

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

It's about damn time.

Luis @lu_tenis
    Marca says the WTA tournaments's categories will be renamed after the ATP ones:
    1000: Premier Mandatory and Premier 5
    500: Premier
    250: International
    125: 125K
    It will be announced on December 2.

MARCA Polideportivo
    @MarcaTMF

El circuito femenino copiará a partir del año que viene las categorías de la ATP: WTA 1000, WTA 500 y WTA 250. El anuncio será el 2 de diciembre https://bit.ly/36d7wkB

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Matthew Willis @MattRacquet
    Always find this interesting, if very macro.

Google traffic for some of the biggest tennis players in recent years. Federer and Nadal side by side (as far as avg search traffic) at top, Serena and Djokovic searched about half as much as them, & Osaka just starting to spike

For context, if you add Messi, suddenly the tennis players aren't so relevant, if still hugely searched for

Thanks Ti that’s a great graphic! It just about sums up how important I see tennis, compared to the majority of my friends who worship the footballers and have no clue who Osaka is

It's about damn time.

Luis @lu_tenis
    Marca says the WTA tournaments's categories will be renamed after the ATP ones:
    1000: Premier Mandatory and Premier 5
    500: Premier
    250: International
    125: 125K
    It will be announced on December 2.
    I don't want to see the WTA copy everything the ATP does, but this is a good move. I'd also welcome them syncing up with whatever outfit runs the ATP website. That would be very much appreciated
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

A "gosh how time flies" moment from listening to a 2014 Graham Norton episode (as one does while reviewing holiday card lists . . . ). This time it's Hugh Jackman quipping "He's like Andy Murray - like he's trying to close out Wimbledon" around 21:47 while talking about a punching game with James McEvoy:

Miguel Seabra
    @MiguelSeabra

(B) Twenty years ago today, on the eve of the Masters Cup (now #ATPFinals) Lisboa 2000. Making of the draw: Red Group included
    @safin_marat1, @PeteSampras, @lleytonhewitt, @AlexCorretja74, all clad on @Faconnable. Marat & Pete could still finish as n°1 #tennis #lisbon #portuga

Miguel Seabra@MiguelSeabra
    (A) Twenty years ago today, on the eve of the Masters Cup (now #ATPFinals) Lisboa 2000. Making of the draw: the GreenGroup included
    @gugakuerten, @normansweden, @KYevgeni, #andreagassi, all clad on
    @Faconnable. Two finalists would emerge from this group. #tennis #lisbon #portugal

Miguel Seabra@MiguelSeabra
    (C) Twenty years ago today, on the eve of the Masters Cup (now #ATPFinals) Lisboa 2000. The Handsome Eight after the making of the draw:
    @lleytonhewitt, @AlexCorretja74, @PeteSampras, @safin_marat1, @gugakuerten, @normansweden, #AndreAgassi, @KYevgeni! Ok hand #tennis #masters #lisbon

I always thought Pete was taller than that!

Hewitt looks like a short Sam Heughan.

Safin look so young.

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    I don't want to see the WTA copy everything the ATP does, but this is a good move. I'd also welcome them syncing up with whatever outfit runs the ATP website. That would be very much appreciated
    Whoever runs it now is probably good enough. I hope. That ATP site when it changed over sucked ass and seemed to take Jim Courier publicly trashing it on TV for several minutes (it was beautiful), for them to make the necessary changes to get us to where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Safin look so young.
    He looks like he was lifted from the set of the Harry Potter movies

Norman looks like an Andy Murray/Roddick hybrid.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 64214264289304310311312313314