Agree Agree:  182
Likes Likes:  180
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 328434950515253

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

France and Switzerland border each other. He must have played a gazillion more French players during his junior years.

The US is definitely a huge culprit, though. Ditto for Australia. Ditto for China. Any of the former or aspiring tennis superpowers.

Schnyder, Kleybanova, and Kanepi all won qualifying matches today. It's a good day for old ladies.

Anabel Medina Garrigues set to split with Jelena Ostapenko
    14 Oct 2017
    by Gatto Luigi

For Anabel Medina Garrigues, it will be very difficult to follow Jelena Ostapenko and at the same time being Spanish Fed Cup team captain for the next two years. That's why the Spaniard doubles player may not coach the Roland Garros champion anymore after a one-year relationship.

'When I was asked, it was a difficult decision because I was coaching Jelena Ostapenko, who is seven in the world, but this carried more weight', she told 'For me, being Fed Cup captain is the maximum.

I'd like to be a very committed and excited captain who speaks a lot. It will be important that everyone goes in the same direction.' Medina Garrigues has not been competing for more than a year due to an arm injury, but she intends to retire from tennis on the court.

This year under Medina's guide, 20-year-old Ostapenko won two titles - Roland Garros and Seoul - and broke into the top 10 ranking for the first time. She will play also WTA Finals in Singapore.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tenni...ena-ostapenko/
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 328434950515253