Agree Agree:  963
Likes Likes:  1,260
Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184209224230231232233234
Results 3,496 to 3,505 of 3505

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

What a child. Pretty sure he'll be suspended for this.

I'm sure that this tirade may be the inner monologue of many ATP players in regard to Fergus Murphy (minus the slur), but have the good sense to keep it inside.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yet, in Nick's twisted mind, all of this will be someone else's fault. Every bit of it.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

A couple of things missing from this are -

Point penalty warning was given earlier on in the match after Nick positively launched a ball into the stands. He's lucky no one was injured.

Fergus certainly kept his head about him and managed the situation well, but he didn't do a good job in my opinion - a good job would have been calling a default.

In the Cincy thread I ask the question last night- does it seem like they aren't calling a default so that the match doesn't end and/or to possibly see if Nick can win this match since they've lost so many big names? I was asking that because when Nick went off the court and broke those rackets, it didn't go unnoticed, they knew it happened. Jim Courier flat out said that should be a game penalty right there on top of the point penalty he was returning to already on the scoreboard. Fergus was on the radio with the tournament director and/or the head ump to discuss that he had left the court for the bathroom break and returned with two broken racquets. It was all known, this wasn't discovered today.

In the match he received one time violation warning. One point penalty warning. And one point penalty. It didn't advance beyond that despite Nick carrying on for a full hour. I'm not kidding about that time table, it was an entire hour that his diatribe and vitriol were spewed.

Understand that the fine break down for this match (TC just had it up) is -

Ball Abuse - Warning - No fine
    Unsportsmanlike Conduct - $20k
    Leaving the Court - $3k
    Audible Obscenity - $5k
    Unsportsmanlike Conduct - $5k
    Verbal Abuse - $20K

You see why I asked the question I did. There was zero reason this match should have continued and it was clear as day that was the case. Maybe Fergus did a excellent job and his hands were tied and someone else was making sure the match didn't end in a default. I don't know. But the fines are high because that's how much he was doing and as I said, during the match he only got a time violation warning (should've gotten penalties enforced multiple times on this end by the way, he did nothing by delay the match repeatedly), one point penalty warning, and one point penalty enforced. That's it. But look at the list of fines. Clearly that doesn't add up with the match being played out in full.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 08-15-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I had the read the bathroom break request was actually denied and Kyrgios left the court anyway. I would have assumed that was enough for a default, since he would appear to be abandoning the match.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Pop quiz! Who said this just over one week ago?

"Especially just looking back at some of the places I’ve been, it’s crazy to think how much I’ve turned it around. I’ve just been working really hard, on and off the court, to try and be better as a person and as a tennis player."

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Too easy!
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Janko Tipsarevic
    @TipsarevicJanko
    It has been a great 16 years.After a lot of soul searching and thinking what is important to me in this stage of my life and what does make me happy,I have decided to retire from professional tennis.I’m not gonna… https://instagram.com/p/B1YyME-FgCv/...d=8jaobjtc2ti7

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Janko Tipsarevic
    @TipsarevicJanko
    It has been a great 16 years.After a lot of soul searching and thinking what is important to me in this stage of my life and what does make me happy,I have decided to retire from professional tennis.I’m not gonna… https://instagram.com/p/B1YyME-FgCv/...d=8jaobjtc2ti7
    He was a fun one (except for his stance on equal pay), but it's time.

Sven Groeneveld ��
    @sventennis

Strange to see exho of 2
    @wta
    players with an
    @ATP_Tour
    net logo. Would have thought the
    @WTA
    would claim their product.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

That's an ATP tour event, no WTA participation. And they should be sitting on the sidelines watching this packed house as Tennis Channel goes with this instead of the actual tournament draw match (featuring an American player) since they won't change the rules. They need to admit they went too restrictive based on a single player's history.

Not sure who came up with this exhibition idea, but it's a clever way around the WTA age eligibility restrictions to still get Coco some elite tour competition.

Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184209224230231232233234