Agree Agree:  876
Likes Likes:  1,108
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166191206212213214215216
Results 3,226 to 3,232 of 3232

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Re: Hawkeye on Clay

On Tennis Channel, thank goodness in recent days both Lindsay Davenport and Chanda Rubin have called the use of Hawkeye on clay into question and stressing there is a margin of error and are players really going to be okay with the call being made and then being able to see the truth with the mark it leaves on court. And Lindsay made another great point as well. That players have bought into the Hawkeye system completely on hard and grass courts, that they trust it. And if you start using it on clay, and Hawkeye calls an out ball good, but players can see a clear out mark, then players would start calling into question the accuracy of Hawkeye in general including on other surfaces. She said it would be chaos.

I thought that was a great point that I hadn't considered and wanted to share. It is one technology, if faith in it starts to erode, that would seem to be problematic across the board.

Makarova lost in the final of a 15k this weekend. Why would she even play a 15k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Was the tournament in Russia? She hasn't played on the tour in months. Maybe she's trying to get in some play before RO without having to really travel, or she's trying to see if she's ready to come back on tour or wants to hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Was the tournament in Russia? She hasn't played on the tour in months. Maybe she's trying to get in some play before RO without having to really travel, or she's trying to see if she's ready to come back on tour or wants to hang it up.
    It was in Sweden, and she played another challenger there the week before. Maybe she wanted some match play before RG, right. I'm curious why she has been playing 15k and 25ks since February instead of tour qualies or 100ks. (Incidentally, she hasn't won any of them, or very many matches.) I know she has a higher doubles ranking these days. She's 91 in singles and 17 in doubles. She made the fourth round of he US Open last year. I'm surprised she is now losing in early rounds of 15ks. The winner last week made $2,500, and Makarova made about $1,500. Probably didn't cover expenses.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; Today at 10:43 AM.

So has everyone seen the new Nike kits for the French Open?

Borna Coric

Simona Halep
    (The pattern consists of little bees)

I'm not sure who is wearing this pattern...

Serena will be wearing this pattern

More links to who will be wearing what at the link below.

http://tennisconnected.com/home/2019...19-collection/
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I haven't looked up RG fashion just yet. Nike has been stumbling all year, thought they had got back to a good place with the nice colors and material on the women during most of the clay court season. But this looks like another sure stumble.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I haven't looked up RG fashion just yet. Nike has been stumbling all year, thought they had got back to a good place with the nice colors and material on the women during most of the clay court season. But this looks like another sure stumble.
    Is it black and white? I like it and definitely love the adventurous thinking. The bees are cute and the updated skeleton toile is cool. I like that they aren't stuck in sporty stripes and color blocking. Why not a bee motif?

Edit: it's not all black and white, but it's pretty dark and moody. I'm curious to see how it will look against the red clay.

I also like the cap sleeves on Simona's shirt. I clicked through to see the rest of the photos. The skirt is A-line and has a thick, ruched waistband that I've never seen before. I like it so much that I'd buy it if it fit me.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; Today at 11:44 AM.

Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166191206212213214215216