Agree Agree:  967
Likes Likes:  1,261
Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185210225231232233234235
Results 3,511 to 3,512 of 3512

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    If i had a blog, I'd round up a lot of the former Top 5 players, men and women, who have dropped down to play Challengers at some point, age when they did, reason, and whether they got back to top form or not. Agassi did it.
    Talk of Chung in the other thread reminded me to mention him here. While Andy Murray is likely taking a page out of Agassi's playbook, I'm guessing players pay attention to how well others come back from injury even if they aren't the highest ranking. There was an article recently comparing Chung's return to Jack Sock and the different approaches. We'll see how it goes, but definitely appears that one is standing out as trending in the right direction.

And while not coming back from injury, Paire dropped down to the challenger level for an event earlier this year to get his mojo back basically and credits that with regaining his form and getting himself into more of a winning mindset.

I watched a decent portion of Andy's W-S match since I missed his Cincy one. He looked like himself in many respects, but he is incredibly rusty with matchplay. So I'm thinking this is a honest look at himself that he needs to really get in some competitive play and practice isn't going to get him where he wants to be if he is able to make a decent comeback.

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Talk of Chung in the other thread reminded me to mention him here. While Andy Murray is likely taking a page out of Agassi's playbook, I'm guessing players pay attention to how well others come back from injury even if they aren't the highest ranking. There was an article recently comparing Chung's return to Jack Sock and the different approaches. We'll see how it goes, but definitely appears that one is standing out as trending in the right direction.

And while not coming back from injury, Paire dropped down to the challenger level for an event earlier this year to get his mojo back basically and credits that with regaining his form and getting himself into more of a winning mindset.

I watched a decent portion of Andy's W-S match since I missed his Cincy one. He looked like himself in many respects, but he is incredibly rusty with matchplay. So I'm thinking this is a honest look at himself that he needs to really get in some competitive play and practice isn't going to get him where he wants to be if he is able to make a decent comeback.
    Agree.

I bet Murray isnt swallowing his pride or anything by playing Challengers. No shame in having lost form in his situation. He’s doing the smart thing, which he has always done - a key to his success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185210225231232233234235