Agree Agree:  751
Likes Likes:  912
Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132157172178179180181182
Results 2,716 to 2,722 of 2722

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Michael Gleeson
    ‏Verified account
    @mickgleeson

Bernard Tomic unloads on Lleyton Hewitt as Davis Cup captain. "No one likes him. I thought he was retired he is playing all these matches, doubles". Accused Hewitt of conflict of interest as captain in pushing up players he manages

Ana
    ‏@anza_999

Replying to @mickgleeson
    What Lleyton is doing is wrong. He is giving Wild Cards to players who are under his management system so he can get a cut. A Davis cup captain shouldn’t be nominating himself to play doubles. No wonder they didn’t air Tomic’s conference as they don’t want us to know anything
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bernie Tomic isn't exactly someone who should be dabbling in situational ethics...
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Bernie Tomic isn't exactly someone who should be dabbling in situational ethics...
    This might be a broken-clock case. Every once in a while, he might accidentally be right.

He was hitting with Serena, I believe. Saw it on Instagram. (No, it wasn't the Dimitrov hit.) He must have some redeeming qualities. Right?

Did anyone see the trick serve he hit against Kyrgios on match point in Kooyong? I can't post clips or photos, or I would. It was insanely good slight-of-hand work.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 01-14-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    My perception of Mardy was permanently dinged after I saw one particular behavioral trait come out when I was volunteering at the now defunct LA Tournament.

Sponsor was Mercedes and we a fleet of mid-sized SUVs to move the players around. As a top seed he was given one for personal use during the tournament. Now mind you, he lives in LA, and practically down the street from the tournament, so had his personal cars available to him. But noooooo...one day he wanders in and asks for a larger SUV. We had only one large one, and it was quite handy when it came to picking up players and their coaches/entourages at the airport, especially players such as Delpo who were coming from overseas to start the US Open swing. But being the big Fish at the tournament he was given the only large SUV we had.

I just thought it was such bad form to ask for a larger vehicle when you live in the same city, and practically down the street. An unnecessary sense of entitlement. After that it was hard for me to root for the guy.
    did someone explain this situation to him, and he was still like, "screw you, I want the car"?
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    This might be a broken-clock case. Every once in a while, he might accidentally be right.
    I'm not saying he doesn't have a point. I'm not sure if it is a valid point. Valid or not, he's just not the one who should be making it. As a general rule, Bernie Tomic should be seen and not heard.
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    did someone explain this situation to him, and he was still like, "screw you, I want the car"?
    Nope, no one was going to do that since he was a marquee player and so the keys were handed to him rather sheepishly. He knew he was a big Fish in a small pond at that tournament and took advantage of it.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    As a general rule, Bernie Tomic should be seen and not heard.
    I would rather not see him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132157172178179180181182