Agree Agree:  1,208
Likes Likes:  1,504
Page 276 of 282 FirstFirst ... 26176226251266272273274275276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4221
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Tennis Channel
    @TennisChannel

Thanks to @MyUTR the first major live sporting event to air nationally in the U.S. will begin May 8.

Ugh, Sandgren, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Ugh, Sandgren, no thanks.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not that desperate, I'll wait for the women.

I think intra Schengen travel will be possible in 1-2 months. If so will be possible to organize high profile exhos. Federer vs Nadal perhaps again?

I don't expect any ranking tournaments till the end of September at the earliest.
    Roger forever

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I admit to not knowing much about this side of tennis. Serendipity that after the discussion here on sponsorships that article appeared. The responses here are the kind that need to be made to the article and could help educate fans via Tennis Twitter. I don't think either of you have accounts there right?
    ^ No, I'm not on tennis twitter... not on curling twitter, either.
    Not on any twitter at all, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Anyway thanks for disputing some of what was presented as fact and clarifying other points.
    ^ Feel free to use anything I wrote as a comment on the article. You can even claim it as your own for 3 cents per word.
    Just kidding, of course - about the 3 cents, I mean. I am serious in saying if you want to post anything I wrote as commentary on the article, go ahead. I just wouldn't be able to reply to any responses my commentary might solicit.

You could also always invite the author of the article - and/or James Beres - to come into this thread to discuss the subject with us here.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Nope, not on Twitter. I have a hard time trying to post anything meaningful here at TAT. Trying to write anything of value in 140 characters would be hopeless.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Nope, not on Twitter. I have a hard time trying to post anything meaningful here at TAT. Trying to write anything of value in 140 characters would be hopeless.
    240 characters sir.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

I call bullshit on that.

There will be a series of tournaments in June and July in Czech Republic between "Team Kvitova" and *Team Pliskova". It's a high class stuff with so many pros there. I wish it was on TV elswhere as well.

Petra will play with Strycova, Siniakova, Krejicikova, Alexandrova and Fruhvirtova. Karolina will partner with her sister as well as Muchova, Vondrousova, Martincova and Bartunkova. Seems like only Marie Bouzkova among top Czech players is not taking part (she lives in Florida).
    Last edited by suliso; 05-11-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Roger forever

Serve Up Your Thoughts!

Whether you're a huge tennis fan, a casual follower or someone we need to work a little harder to win over, we'd love to get your thoughts on our great game.

Please take this survey so that we may learn from our fans - and potential fans - as we strive to help tennis reach its full potential.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...bi4ng/viewform

Per official ATP figures (2017) ATP masters on average make only 22% of their income through TV deals, 16% for 500's and 13% for 250's. So basically there is no business without spectators. Tournaments might do it once, but more than that is impossible. I imagine WTA numbers are even weaker.

For Slams the situations is better, but also not rosy. For USO last year 42% from ticket sales and corporate hospitality.
    Roger forever

For those who can read in spanish, an article focused on mama Djokovic:

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportes...vic-nid2363954

There are some cringeworthy things in there. I came out feeling sorry for the younger brothers.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I will give her a little benefit of doubt because of the translation, but: if she wanted to win Novak some points, she has failed miserably.

I will give her a little benefit of doubt because of the translation, but: if she wanted to win Novak some points, she has failed miserably.
    Specially by saying he's chosen by God and the Federer swipes.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    She said what?

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Sure. But that is where the translation might come into place. CHOSEN by God may have been BLESSED by God but from Serbian to some intermediate language to Spanish, maybe something got lost.

Page 276 of 282 FirstFirst ... 26176226251266272273274275276277278279280 ... LastLast