Agree Agree:  241
Likes Likes:  248
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3182425262728293031323853 ... LastLast

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Notice that most of the public vitriol comes from Pova not Serena.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth (paraphrased)

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    This week.

In the past, we never knew for sure how Maria felt about Serena, but Serena had made her thoughts on Maria pretty obvious.

This is definitely bad form and pretty butthurt from Sharapova, but I'm sure not untrue.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

Oh come on, you cannot be serious!?

Alternate post, pass the crack please.
    Last edited by Miles; 08-11-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    Towel avatar power, do your thing!

I'm waiting for the receipts people.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth (paraphrased)

Didn't Serena start the whole Dimitrov story with some comments at a pre-wimbledon press conference.

They are both equal opportunity offenders.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Didn't Serena start the whole Dimitrov story with some comments at a pre-wimbledon press conference.
    In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, the reporter taped Williams as she telephoned her sister, Venus Williams, describing "a top-five player who is now in love". The writer of the piece quoted Williams as saying: "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky' – it's so boring. She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it'."

The writer made what he called "an educated guess" that Williams was referring to Sharapova, whose boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, the Bulgarian player, was rumoured to have briefly dated Williams beforehand.It is perfectly possible that Williams could have been referring to Victoria Azarenka, whose boyfriend Redfoo is the son of Berry Gordy, the man who founded the Motown music label, but Sharapova weighed in nevertheless.

"Obviously I have a tremendous amount of respect for Serena and what she's achieved on the court," said Sharapova. "You can never take anything away from that.

"As for myself, or whether it was about somebody else, nothing personal, you know," Sharapova began, before dropping the bombshell. "If she wants to talk about something personal, maybe she should talk about her relationship and her boyfriend that was married and is getting a divorce and has kids. Talk about other things, but [don't] draw attention to other things. She has so much in her life, many positives, and I think that's what it should be about."

The "boyfriend" Sharapova referred to is understood to be Patrick Mouratoglou, the Frenchman who runs his own academy in Paris. Formerly the coach of Britain's Laura Robson, he has coached Williams since last summer. Williams and Mouratoglou have been pictured together many times but have not publicly confirmed their relationship. French journalists said on Saturday he is in the process of getting a divorce.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...iams-wimbledon

The Overrule‏ @theoverrule 20h20 hours ago
    Caro "I'll sue you and the WTA, it could be very expensive I don't think you want that." #Savage pic.twitter.com/rzuw8qdpQv

Caro did behave like a jerk there.
    Starry starry night

I saw this posted on another site. Is this true?!

The last 4 slam winners have not won a WTA tournament in over a year

Yes. Kerber's last win was at the USO. Ostapenko first and only win was at RG, so that is true. Garbie had been a first or second round loser until Wimby (and the good showing at RG). And Serena's last win before the Aussie was Wimby 2016.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Yes. Kerber's last win was at the USO. Ostapenko first and only win was at RG, so that is true. Garbie had been a first or second round loser until Wimby (and the good showing at RG). And Serena's last win before the Aussie was Wimby 2016.
    Yep, true. But Kerber was in the Cincy final last year, so she came close.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Talk about Rankings (TAR :))

So I'm in a "Russians in Valencia, Spain" group on Facebook because my parents are traveling there next week, and there's a post from yesterday from a certain Dinara Safina, looking to rent an apartment

(She left her coaching job in NY... which was also like a half-mile from my parents' apartment).

Call it a temporary Air BnB while she searches

Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3182425262728293031323853 ... LastLast