Agree Agree:  722
Likes Likes:  874
Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 123456122752102 ... LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

So, if Kyrgios tried in the other 8 events, I wonder where his ranking might be.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    So, if Kyrgios tried in the other 8 events, I wonder where his ranking might be.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    About right where it is.

I don't understand why they continue to have this same interview with him every two months.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Turns out she was a chippy after all. I was thinking about Kanye's "Golddigger" but if she doesn't want to be bothered with her son I don't know what to call her. Well I do but this is a family oriented forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
    Hey, I call 'em like I see em! LOL

It's sad and a mess all at the same time, for Dylan and Richard. At least Dylan will be getting a little niece or nephew soon to grow up with *SMH*
    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I guess things like that happen if you go for a trophy wife...

To be quite fair, we know only one side of the story. It seems like this was put out by Richard's people to smear her ahead of a divorce. Given he'd once given Oracene three broken ribs, this could be a (likely unstable) woman trying to set herself up to leave an unsafe marriage - thus the stealing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    To be quite fair, we know only one side of the story. It seems like this was put out by Richard's people to smear her ahead of a divorce. Given he'd once given Oracene three broken ribs, this could be a (likely unstable) woman trying to set herself up to leave an unsafe marriage - thus the stealing, etc.
    Yes, you are absolutely right!

Vera Zvonareva is playing a 25k in Uzbekistan. She's been riddled with injuries since 2012 and had a baby last summer. She's 32 now. Last year she did some commentating at the US Open, and said she wanted to get back in shape and play tennis, but she didn't know if it would be professional or not.

In March she played a 15k, won the first set, and retired in the second.

She's just won 2 matches in qualifying, both in straight sets. The matches were against a 15 year old unsuccessful junior and an unranked 19 year old. Her first round match will be against a fellow qualifier who's 18, played some juniors, and has actually earned a ranking point before.

Good luck Vera! Even if it ends up being a Patty Schnyder situation, I hope she has a great time. (By the way, Patty Schnyder is now back in the top 300).

Bepa! How fun would that be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Vera Zvonareva is playing a 25k in Uzbekistan.
    She's just won 2 matches in qualifying, both in straight sets. The matches were against a 15 year old unsuccessful junior and an unranked 19 year old. Her first round match will be against a fellow qualifier who's 18, played some juniors, and has actually earned a ranking point before.
    She won her match 6-0 6-0 in 28 minutes, winning 50 points to 8!

Next up will likely be the #8 seed. She's an 18 year old who was a top 100 junior and just cracked the top 400. That means she plays a full schedule, and will at least be able to keep the ball in the court on a regular basis. That's a big step up from the other opponents, who were essentially locals.

By winning this match, she gets 5 ranking points, so she'll have a world ranking (around 1120). Now she'll be able to get into whatever Futures tournaments she wants.

Ramblings of a lunatic: Tiriac is saying he will no longer award replica trophies in Madrid to women's events because of how Nastase was treated by WTA. :lips sealed:

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    Ramblings of a lunatic: Tiriac is saying he will no longer award replica trophies in Madrid to women's events because of how Nastase was treated by WTA. :lips sealed:

Yes, because he's the REAL victim here.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    About right where it is.
    Probably. Doesn't he usually only "tank" in matches where he's already fallen behind?

How about if the women of the WTA boycott the event? It would be such a small gesture, of so little real financial consequences, but it could bring a real change. The top 100 women boycott Madrid until Tiriac sells his stake.
    Wonder Women, could they do it?
    Starry starry night

No, all of them will just look out for their pockets. Unless maybe something personal happens like for Venus and Serena at IW all those years ago.
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

We can call him a lunatic, but this dude has his hands in all sorts of business in Romania, it's like he owns that country. Anytime something Romania-related has come up at work - in several jobs in different sectors - the Romanian company always has the name 'Tiriac' on it! Which is to say, this isn't some old demented dude talking, he has very real influence and power.

Silver lining: now they'll both be rooting for Johanna Konta to win the title.

Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 123456122752102 ... LastLast