Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 Green Acres: Strawberries and Cream Lounge

This is where we suck on strawberries or bathe in cream, depending on how our picks are doing. And, unlike with suicide pools, you can have hard luck one week but come back and achieve glory the next week.

Share your thoughts as the tournaments unfold!
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: 2017 Green Acres: Strawberries and Cream Lounge

Smiling at New England Nitemare's color choices for their team.

Picked by three of us looks like Hyeon Chung withdrew today? (He at least didn't play...can't find any articles on it yet.)

I think most of us had Kr. Pliskova who lost to Kontaveit today. And Vandeweghe lost to Witthoeft. And Sevastova to McHale. Not a good start...at least for me.

Thankfully Sevatsova kicked me out of the SP so I refused to take her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Smiling at New England Nitemare's color choices for their team.
    Thanks, trying to get into the Wimbledon spirit.....

Damn Coco letting us down.....

So far we have 4 finalists this week. Konta, who many of us have..Lopez - who just skatingfan has... and Kontaveit and Vikhlyantseva who none of us have. Starting off like usual!

I'm surprised more of us didn't take F-Lo. Grass has always been his best surface. I considered him but forget why I didn't wind up taking him.

Delighted to see both FLo and Muller do well, even though I didn't pick either of them.

Heh, is that favorite player schizo instead of contest schizo?

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Heh, is that favorite player schizo instead of contest schizo?
    Well, I can't stand Tomic, and he is on my team. So yeah, I was happy both when he won and when he lost.

Desperation may have helped me...if I had been close to top I wouldn't have traded out Karolina P.

I haven't been keeping track of numbers, but I imagine tomorrow's Venus-Konta match may be the most important one left? I don't know if Venus winning final is enough to get me a shot at medals, but only a few of us added her, so I'm still holding out hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I haven't been keeping track of numbers, but I imagine tomorrow's Venus-Konta match may be the most important one left? I don't know if Venus winning final is enough to get me a shot at medals, but only a few of us added her, so I'm still holding out hope.
    Here are my scores for just before the semi-finals. I am not going to include Federer in the list of remaining picks because everyone but waylandboy has Federer on their team. I am also not going to include Konta, since we know that she is not going to earn anybody more points. I have not yet included Venus's semi-final points.

tenedab 7215
    texasniteowl 6960
    pingponger 6585
    patrick 6550
    ptmcmahon 6315 Venus
    Miles 6255
    mysterX 6095 Venus
    Omegadoom 6020
    ponchi101 6015
    skatingfan 5845
    Charlie02123 5780
    New England Nitemare 5330
    Ribbons 5205 Querrey
    dave g 5165
    waylandboy-tw 4780

So, unless I have made an error, you should win at least a silver. If Venus wins, mysterX joins the medal platform. However, I am known to make errors, so waylandboy will need to corroborate my scores before anything is official.
    Last edited by dave g; 07-13-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

So now I don't know whether I'm rooting for Venus or not!! Based on what you said, it looks like if Venus loses, I may retain 3rd place? ptmcmahon passes me with Venus' finalist pts (1400) for 2nd. But if Venus wins, then mysterX passes me too.

Boy am I regretting 2 things. First, I started with Konta on my team and should have kept her given Ka. Pliskova's performance. And 2nd, Djokovic's elbow. I went with Djokovic over Murray for points because I worried about Murray's hip. In hindsight, I started with Cilic on my team and should have just kept him. Hindsight sucks. I guess that is 3 things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast