Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Golden State or Cleveland?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors Sweep

0 0%
  • Cavaliers Sweep

0 0%
  • Warriors in 5

6 54.55%
  • Cavaliers in 5

0 0%
  • Warriors in 6

4 36.36%
  • Cavaliers in 6

0 0%
  • Warriors all the way

1 9.09%
  • Cavaliers all the way

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2017 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Trejavu?
    Is there such a thing?
    How about threepeat?

Well here we are again:

vs

Third Final in a row between these two teams, last year we went all the way to 7 games before decided, first game will be June 1st.

Here is the schedule:

(2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (1) Golden State Warriors

GAME DATE MATCHUP
    Game 1 Thu., 6/1 CLE @ GS (9 p.m., ABC)
    Game 2 Sun., 6/4 CLE @ GS (8 p.m., ABC)
    Game 3 Wed., 6/7 GS @ CLE (9 p.m., ABC)
    Game 4 Fri., 6/9 GS @ CLE (9 p.m., ABC)
    Game 5 Mon., 6/12 CLE @ GS (9 p.m., ABC)*
    Game 6 Thu., 6/15 GS @ CLE (9 p.m., ABC)*
    Game 7 Sun., 6/18 CLE @ GS (8 p.m.,ABC)*
    *If necessary

This same seeding scenario happened 2 years ago when Warriors won it.

Who wins?
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 05-26-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Curry is healthy this year (not like last) and they now have Durant. Draymond is still angry (is he ever not angry?) and Thompson is not going to remain cold forever.
    Bench: Igoudala, David West, Livingston, Pachulia and even the younger ones are dialed in.
    Dubs in five, simply because they will take one in CLE and return to close it at the bay.
    It will be Lebron's fifth lost final. Anyone knows if that will be a record?
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

This would tie James for third for most losses. A couple Lakers from the Celtics hayday lead the list... Jerry West was 1-8 in finals, and Elgin Baylor 0-8.

So if those goes to game 7, this won't be done for another 24 days?

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    It will be Lebron's fifth lost final. Anyone knows if that will be a record?
    There is talk among NBA circles that if Lebron loses this, there will no longer be GOAT comparison to MJ
    Jordan was 6-0 in NBA finals.
    Le-Bron is 3-4 in NBA finals, you do the math.

But it's all talk, we have to wait since Mr. James is still active.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    This would tie James for third for most losses. A couple Lakers from the Celtics hayday lead the list... Jerry West was 1-8 in finals, and Elgin Baylor 0-8.

So if those goes to game 7, this won't be done for another 24 days?
    Mr. James has made 6 straight finals, I will count that to his advantage.

Yes, it's a long 3 week ordeal and we will be here after every game to give updates.
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 05-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Seven straight finals. Four with the Heat, now three with the Cavs.
    Starry starry night

I think it will depend on the officiating. If the Cavs are allowed to mug whoever they please and flop they will win. Any time a Warriors player breathes on a Cabs player he will be called for a foul.

The Warriors can't let it go beyond five games. After that the advantage will go to the Cavs i think.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Oh, if it depends on the officiating, Cavs in 6. You know (and I do mean YOU KNOW) that Lue is looking for a way to get Draymond to get his technicals and YOU KNOW that Lebron gets the benefit of doubt on any arm waved six feet away from him. Add a proper screen for the flop not to be visible and the Cavs get 10 extra free throws per game.
    Starry starry night

@ponchi: how did you became so interested in NBA? Can you even watch it in Colombia?
    Roger forever

I have been a fan of the San Antonio Spurs since the George Gervin era (the 80's). I became interested in the sport when I went to college in the USA and at the time, everybody was a fan of the Lakers or the Celtics. I always hated the Celtics, with Bird, McHale and Parish, because they were so arrogant. I did not mind the Lakers too much but then they became arrogant too.
    The reason why I like basketball is because of all the sports I have played in my life, BB is the one I suck the most at. I am a mediocre tennis player, golfer, skier, chess player, runner and martial arts, but in basketball I truly stink. Being short does not help (1.73) but it is also that I can't shoot for beans. So what these guys do amazes me. They are, to me, the best athletes in the world (the second best are tennis players). The combination of speed, strength, accuracy, footwork and choreography is something that I find incredible.
    Plus, it is so anti-soccer, which I completely dislike. High scores, fast paced, no cheating (which pisses me off terribly with the new players that flop).
    And the Spurs have always been the complete anti-divas. Gervin, Robinson, Duncan and now Leonard. Silent, easy going, never bad mouthing an opponent, never boasting about anything.
    And remember, I am Venezuelan and I grew up in a country that had very close ties to the USA (we play baseball, not soccer, as out national sport). So basket ball was an extension. And since I did not suck at baseball as much as I did at Basketball, I like basketball more.
    ESPN will show some games here. Not too many, but I keep track of scores and such.
    Last edited by ponchi101; 05-26-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Starry starry night

On officiating, Warriors get away with moving screens.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Couple of more days before the series starts, we have a total of 6 votes, none for Cleveland.

I need more votes!

First game is in play. Cavaliers are playing catch-up.

Update coming after the game.

I voted Warriors all the way since last year it went to 7 and no one took that option.

Game 1 Golden State 113 Cleveland 91
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Great game for the Warriors, especially for KD. Nice for him to come out and shut up his critics like that. The entire last week or so on sports radio they've been trashing him as often as possible, so I hope this shuts them up a bit. It's so incredibly over the top and overblown and I wish some of them would realize how they sound.

LeBron had a great game as well despite the losing effort. He's going to need way more help than he got tonight if they are going to make this at least competitive, let alone win. I was surprised the Cavs didn't come out with more urgency and aggression to take Game 1.

Rumor has it that Durant was staring at Rihanna during the game.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast